Okay i have a fender blues junior and I was wondering if I were to buy a Jackson DK2M Dinky would it sound good going through the blues jr.?
yes, it would. It depends on what sound your looking for tho..
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
It will work good for anything you will play, just one thing, you have to set it up PERFECT to sound great, and you set it up way different than a bigger amp than you would expect most people say small amps suck, when really they do not know how to set it up, this amp will allow you to play everything else but metal, so all you have to do is buy the BOSS MT-2 Distortion pedal, and when you set that up right it sounds just as good as a 100wat tube stack, just isn't loud enough for a Gig, I can tell you how to set it up, I have a 15 WATT fender Squier amp that I spent 3 months perfecting the sound along with my Distortion pedal

What to do to your guitar??

--Get better strings, (Ernie Ball Not even Slinky) prefferably at least size 12 small string 56 Big String for Drop B tunning that makes substantial difference

--Adjust the string heights to be about 3mm above the surface of the Fret board

--Adjust the pickup heights, and pick the right mixture of pickups to turn on and what nawt

note closer= more crunch
farther= cleaner mellow sound

to close buzz's
gota find right height keep playing with it
and make all the same volume, usually the small strings need to be farther from the pickups and the Big strings closer

---and get decent pick such as a Clayton Triangle

do those and your guitar will sound great in your small amp, you may want to get another amp, but to get one that would be good would cost an arm in the leg

a 15 watt and 100 watt can sound the same, just one louder than the other, but if you want the best wait for about 4 to 6K haha

good luck If I got my amp to sound good so can you =]

most people online don't know much about things I find, but in person man oh man haha its way better
Last edited by GoreGalore at Jul 30, 2007,
Quote by GoreGalore
It will work good for anything you will play, just one thing, you have to set it up PERFECT to sound great, and you set it up way different than a bigger amp than you would expect most people say small amps suck, when really they do not know how to set it up, this amp will allow you to play everything else but metal, so all you have to do is buy the BOSS MT-2 Distortion pedal, and when you set that up right it sounds just as good as a 100wat tube stack, just isn't loud enough for a Gig, I can tell you how to set it up, I have a 15 WATT fender Squier amp that I spent 3 months perfecting the sound along with my Distortion pedal

What to do to your guitar??

--Get better strings, (Ernie Ball Not even Slinky) prefferably at least size 12 small string 56 Big String for Drop B tunning that makes substantial difference

--Adjust the string heights to be about 3mm above the surface of the Fret board

--Adjust the pickup heights, and pick the right mixture of pickups to turn on and what nawt

note closer= more crunch
farther= cleaner mellow sound

to close buzz's
gota find right height keep playing with it
and make all the same volume, usually the small strings need to be farther from the pickups and the Big strings closer

---and get decent pick such as a Clayton Triangle

do those and your guitar will sound great in your small amp, you may want to get another amp, but to get one that would be good would cost an arm in the leg

a 15 watt and 100 watt can sound the same, just one louder than the other, but if you want the best wait for about 4 to 6K haha

good luck If I got my amp to sound good so can you =]

most people online don't know much about things I find, but in person man oh man haha its way better

Do you realize that a Blues Junior is an all tube amp so it is pretty loud? It is a very good amp by the way not just some Squier amp.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
It should do the DK2M justice if you get a TubeScreamer along with it.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
I believe I know that, if you read carefully I was saying that I had the 15 watt squire amp which is a remake of the blues JR

Yes it is loud, but its only loud for so many FEET hate to break it to you
simple Physics, but it would travel quite a ways yes, mainly high frequences

I was mainly saying that any amp will do a good job if set properly!!! you overshot the right perspective on things I see, like most people online

Overall the Blues JR will do the Job as a Practice amp, it would be no different in sound quality than a 100 watt amp in the total scheme of things

--but your guitar should be fine with your amp, just you have to do what I said earlier

But I would save up for a great amp, just save up a few thousand to be worth it

good luck
^ the 15 watt squier amp isn't a remake of a BJ... at least not if it's the one I'm thinking of.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well My amp is an older model that has been discontinued, its about 12 years old now,
I've only been having it for 5 months now, yet I can play better than most players that have plaid for 2 years which I dont understand haha I have the nack for playing
but I got it for free so what do you expect and it looks Identical to the Fender Blues Jr. just has different color sheeting for the speaker about it
but you can get it to sound good with some HARD work, didn't ever say it was easy haha, but you also have to inspect your guitar to get it to sound good also
Overall like I've said, this amp is enough to get you by, but its not something you wana keep LONG haha just keep it till you learn at least 50 Songs and can write your own before you'd get another amp

good luck
is it tube? i guess if it's that old it might be similar to a BJ, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha yep it is, haha, If you need help getting a Series Crunchy Metal Sound, and have the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion pedal, I can deffiently help you get the right settings for both together just message me

my first post way earlier tells you everything you need to do for preperation, but
if you need the amp and pedal settings, feel free to ask me for them
not to knock you, but the electro harmonix metal muff is much better for the price compared to the metal zone
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
well they are about the same, just the BOSS MT-2 gives you more adjustments for

varriations and 5 YEAR warranty that won me over, it is great I tested every pedal

and multi effects out there and this one had the most adjustments and could still get

crunk the new BOSS Metal Core is the heaviest pedal out yet, designed for low tunings

so it all varries, but they are all similar so you want to get the best bang for you buck, I just find it hums less with this Pedal you pay for what you pay for

It doesnt hum at all with my Bridge humbucker, course I turn the top 2 single coils off as they arent made for metal, magnets to strong up there

It all varries from taste to quality

overall it will get the job done, so feel free to ask for what I did to get my amp and guitar to sound better than most of my friends who have Jacksons and Ibanez and ESP guitars , they need to configure theirs properly