Im hoping this is the right forum for this.

I have been playing for 8 months now. I can do my entire Major and Minor petatonic perfectly along with some of my blues. Im not worried about learning my scales as much as learning a few songs with relativly easy solos, that are still a challenge and that I can learn from.

If anyone has any songs they think can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Stairway to heaven, whole lotta love, sweet child o mine, nightrain, any ac/dc...........what kinda music u into?! any classic rock solo uses the pentatonic scales so try some of them.
Smells Like Teen Spirit. Cliche, but it works.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by clement1
Stairway to heaven, whole lotta love, sweet child o mine, nightrain, any ac/dc...........what kinda music u into?! any classic rock solo uses the pentatonic scales so try some of them.

The solos by them bands and in them songs are not easy, well not for someone who's been playing for eight months.

I'd say to try something like the Nothing else Matters solo by Metallica - that's an easy one.
Quote by clement1

sorry about that. I am into mostly metal, I also listen to some southern rock. Im not a fan of hair metal, but if it is a reccamendation I will learn it. Im not worried so much about likeing the song or the band so much as just learning the necessitys of soloing, so that I will be able to play the bands that I want later.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
In Flames - The Hive.

also has a tapping part in it, but is fairly easy.
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by Climate
The solos by them bands and in them songs are not easy, well not for someone who's been playing for eight months.

I'd say to try something like the Nothing else Matters solo by Metallica - that's an easy one.

No the solos arent too easy, but definetly dooable (if thats a word) for someone whos been playing 8 months - just might be a little sloppy, but they will help you improve. They certainly did for me.
^ I learned Paranoid after 8 months of playing. Didn't learn it completely, though. I improvise in the end. It's based completely on the minor pentatonic box, so, it won't be much of a problem.
I Believe In A Thing Called Love by the Darkness has fairly simple leads, though the third lead part might be a bit much.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Nothing Else Matters' solo was my first...
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
read the solos thread.

it says no more tears is easy.

how?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
although Whole Lotta Love by Zeppelin was my first Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) is really easy
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
^Reported.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje