Page 1 of 2
Was fooling around with tapping licks this evening and my parents overheard and totally dug it \m/ Hell yeah for tapping
for rent
Cool.

My mum said to me the other day that she reckoned I might have a chance to make it in the world of music. She's never said that before, so that was nice.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
My mom loves my Blues playing.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
My mom really loved it when I was playing Pink Maggit by Deftones... She said it was one of the most beautiful songs she ever heard. It really felt good to hear that...
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Thats funny because my dad....well........wasn't fascinated but for a guy who only knew three chords in his thiry years of picking up a guitar now and then, he knew what tapping was when I messed around with them, like last week.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Eurgh, tapping...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
my dad is a punk and my mom was a techno gal
im a metalhead.....
nuff said

/rejectedchildthread
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
I was playing the intro to RTL and my dad came in and goes "FTW" so I go "no wai u like?" so he goes "ya it good" so I go to him like "will u sign me plz" and he's like "nah I wnt" so I was then like "omg wtf dad, y not" and he was like "uh, dunno, gtg bai lolz".

Quote by Smokey Amp
Eurgh, tapping...

Eh?

If you add tapping to arppegio's and great runs/sweeps it sounds sweet as hell.
Quote by B3low3mpty
moms are supposed to support you...

lies! my mom hates me playing guitar except for when i play at church
my parents hate music in all forms, im just constantly told to "TURN IT DOWN!!"....even when its unpluged (im not even joking haha)
Any straight-edge punk is a friend of mine
thats cool, my parents don't say anything about my playing, but my sister hates it ;]
I'm a guy who plays guitar
Quote by xstraightedgex
i can officialy say basschica you are the person i most respect on these entire forums

Quote by sargasm
There should be a country band who does Smashing Pumpkins covers called the Smashing Bumpkins.

Profile: Add me
my mom likes it when i play south of heaven

but i cant play the solo. and to be honest i have no desire to learn any of slayers solos

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Jul 30, 2007,
my dad yells at me when the music isn't loud enough.
:[
i hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
building inside of me
to murder everything
i hope they cannot see
i am the great destroyer
I was playing the intro to RTL and my dad came in and goes "FTW" so I go "no wai u like?" so he goes "ya it good" so I go to him like "will u sign me plz" and he's like "nah I wnt" so I was then like "omg wtf dad, y not" and he was like "uh, dunno, gtg bai lolz".

What?

heh, my parents like the bluesy licks, i live in Georgia though.
EDit:
my mom likes it when i play south of heaven

i hope your joking
I wish my parents appreciated my playing like that, they hate the fact that all I play is metal. My brother thinks I suck. No matter what I play, they think it's stupid. My parents only appreciate short little acoustic stuff I do, but when I write a 10 minute long symphonic metal song, they say that's stupid, nobody wants to hear something like that. God, I hate when they say **** like that.
My sis told me to "play something that would blow her mind", so I played the tapping part of Eruption and she was blown away. Thats what you get for only knowing chords.
I go to eleven..........
My parents like when I play acoustic and sing more than when I play electric.

Don't ask why.
My parents don't really care what i play, and my grandparents hate everything that's not on acoustic
My Dad loves to hear me play Metallica's Orion lol.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by xstraightedgex
my parents hate music in all forms, im just constantly told to "TURN IT DOWN!!"....even when its unpluged (im not even joking haha)

Ive had the exact same thing happen. My dad barged in my room yelling at me to turn it down, and i wasnt even plugged in. I just gave him a blannk stare and turned the knob on the guitar. Maybe he meant the TV, now that i think about it...
Quote by South-of-Heaven
My Dad loves to hear me play Metallica's Orion lol.

Good stuff. My dad listened to the MOP album and put that song on twice. It sounded fantastic at Wembley!
i think my mum was kinda blow away when i played everlong by the the foo fighters all the way through on acoustic XD
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
My mom thought I sounded great on my band's recorded rehearsal, but that's all the praise I've ever had from my parents. I usually get:

"TURN THE MOTHERFUCKING AMP DOWN!"

And they can't say that anymore because I have no amp now .
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
My dad was once talking on the phone while I played "Eric Clapton - Layla". And when he hung up, he told me that the guy in phone says that the tune in the background is awesome
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Guitarmeister
my dad is a punk and my mom was a techno gal
im a metalhead.....
nuff said

/rejectedchildthread

lol you think thats bad, my dad listens to bluegrass, my mom listens to no tallent modern bands, and im an 80s metalhead. those dont mix in any way

they also ground me from guitar whenever i do anything without them saying i can. my parents SUCK
Last edited by wilson 595 at Jul 30, 2007,
Quote by zakatak9389
I wish my parents appreciated my playing like that, they hate the fact that all I play is metal. My brother thinks I suck. No matter what I play, they think it's stupid. My parents only appreciate short little acoustic stuff I do, but when I write a 10 minute long symphonic metal song, they say that's stupid, nobody wants to hear something like that. God, I hate when they say **** like that.

Well if it makes you feel better I love your metal zelda composition!
Quote by xstraightedgex

My mom has done that before...
Quote by B3low3mpty
moms are supposed to support you...

+1 lol /thread

EDIT: Don't ever take any encouragement from your mother seriously,

"my mum said I was cool"

yeah, I'm glad my mum is scared of my brutal guitar playing...
Those with the heart and the brain to get past this can spot a pathetic without even asking.
Last edited by AAAALLFF at Jul 30, 2007,
My mum and dad support me very much, they only don't like it when its quite late and I'm quite loud. Other than that, I can play all day and they don't mind.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by Jackolas
Eh?

If you add tapping to arppegio's and great runs/sweeps it sounds sweet as hell.

Arpeggios + Tapping = BUCKETHEAD = FUN!= sundos ptrtey fnu
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
My mom digs Harvester of Sorrow.

ItWillEdit: I think i just noticed the irony -.- ...

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Mi sisters cant stand it, and my parents are seemingly indifferent.
Except they get annoyed lately, cause i've been doing the DJ scratching thing that Morello does, with the killswitch and all that.
It's fun, and sounds cool, but apparantly it's annoying as hell after 2 minutes haha.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
Page 1 of 2