Hello I've been playing for two years so I'm not that bad of a guitarist but I have a question that's bugging me. When you play fast tremelo picked notes you generaly play really fast so it's too hard to count the notes which makes it hard to understand how much notes your actually playing do most guitarist's play what sound's right on the tab or do they play the number of notes on the tab? because I find it difficult to figure out how many notes I'm playing when I'm playing fast death metal music. Thank's in advance for help on my question.
it doesn't matter how many times you play the note, if it's true tremelo picking, as long as you keep in time with the song.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Quote by rhcpfan27
it doesn't matter how many times you play the note, if it's true tremelo picking, as long as you keep in time with the song.

That's what I thought.
exactly...go by what SOUNDS right...not the number of notes
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
you can count only the downstrokes to make time-keeping easier
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You can accentuate at every group of notes, say, 4 notes. In the John Petrucci Rock Disciplne video its explained this very well.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
i just play as many notes as it sounds like ill tremolo a part till it sounds right, its too hard to count it yea.