So I'm going to be wiring for the first time. I've been practicing soldering on an old printer while I wait for the parts to arive (actually fixed it !).

I was wondering where I can go to get goods tips for wiring my tele. I have a book called "How to build an electric guitar". It''s quite good but it doesn't explain a few things !

What's the difference between In Phase and Out Phase ?

If I wire my tele parrallel will I get a warmer sound, ?

Any tips or advice for doing this ?
Quote by GNR's Fan
So I'm going to be wiring for the first time. I've been practicing soldering on an old printer while I wait for the parts to arive (actually fixed it !).

I was wondering where I can go to get goods tips for wiring my tele. I have a book called "How to build an electric guitar". It''s quite good but it doesn't explain a few things !

If you write tele pickups in parallel you'll get a fatter sound, not a warmer one.
Quote by GNR's Fan

The phase is the direction of the elecric wave of energy created by the pickup. Waves go up and down. If you are running 2 pickups at the same time and the signals both go up and down at the same time then your pickups are in phase. If the signal from 1 pickup goes up the same time the signal from the other goes down then your pickups are out of phase.

The phase of a pickup is determined by the polarity of the magnets and the direction the magnet wire is wraped. If you wire a pickup backwards you revers the phase. If you flip the magnets over then you do the same thing.

Parrallel wiring is the way nearly everybody wires their Teles. If you do this then when in the middle posision you will get a slightly thinner sound than either pickup would produce on it's own. If you Wire in series, like a humbucker is wired, then you will get a darker, warmer, louder sound.
Not taking any online orders.