What do you all think of them? I'm currently deciding on either a Gibson LP Classic, a Carvin DC400TA, or a PRS (have to save a up a little more ) I need help, and any information will be appreciated! I play a variety of genres. rock, metal, funk.
Quote by meximetal
What do you all think of them? I'm currently deciding on either a Gibson LP Classic, a Carvin DC400TA, or a PRS (have to save a up a little more ) I need help, and any information will be appreciated! I play a variety of genres. rock, metal, funk.

true story
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
I bet PRS pwn Carvin though, right? Excluding the price! What's good about Carvin?
well supposely a carvin can be just as good as a prs but of cours ei think the prs would be better since it cost more but a carvin can be almost as good.i mean i bet theyre both really awesome.i say carvin cause its cheaper.im getting mine of ebay cause im cheap.in the end its up to you but whatever choice you go with you wont regret it.check out the carvin website though.
I've just ordered a Carvin DC400M like 2 weeks ago. Soooo hyped for it.

Thing about Carvins is that you have to wait for them to be made.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Carvin is almost the exact same shop as PRS, but their guitars cost 2000 dollars less. If you get a Carvin, get it from the factory. You pay about 300 more than on **** but you get EXCELLENT customer service, and if anything is wrong with the guitar at all, they will run it through their repair service and fix it up in a week or so for no charge.
if I had the money I would go with a carvin, i wish they had an SG body though. But you get to customize your guitar for you, with some of the best quality parts that you can get...

if i had the money id go with a carvin
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I'm getting a Carvin Bolt at the start of Fall. Its going to kick so much ass.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Yeah this guy is selling a DC400TA for $1000 dollars. 2 years old, but apparently in perfect condition. It was a reverse headstock, and a green quilted top. It looks fantastic.
I'll take a Carvin customized to my specifications over an off the rack PRS any day.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Sounds good! So, I'd be satisfied without testing it? I've heard it being played in videos, but that's about it. It sounds fantastic distorted, and he's an awesome player. I'm assuming it has good clean channel too? One important question: what's the difference between active/passive pickups? The guitar comes with it. :]
The precision and detail of Carvin's 52 years is celebrated in the DC400A Anniversary Model. Standard features include: maple neck-through-body construction, Smooth neck-to-body heel, Tone enhancing alder wood body sides, Highly figured flamed maple top / headstock Five piece maple / walnut laminated through-neck, Three-piece laminated body with fully rounded edges, Any translucent color, Abalone inlays, C22N and C22B pickups with active/passive electronics. Ebony fingerboard with 15 radius, 24 precision medium jumbo frets .095 wide x .048 tall, Scale Length: 25". Case purchase required for shipment of this guitar.
Everything sounds great, right?
Carvins are excellent.

The California carve top is the "Les Paul Killer", but even more versatile than that. I have a carvin 7 string. It's an excellent guitar, looks great, plays great, setup great, my only complaint is that their cases suck.

Here's a pic of the neck and how well they flow into the body.

And here's the top

Walnut, 5 piece neck, birdseye maple, Coiltap, phase switch, jumbo frets, gold hardware, locking nut, gold logo. $1,450
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Aug 3, 2007,
Quote by MESAexplorer
Carvins are excellent.

The California carve top is the "Les Paul Killer", but even more versatile than that. I have a carvin 7 string. It's an excellent guitar, looks great, plays great, setup great, my only complaint is that their cases suck.

Here's a pic of the neck and how well they flow into the body.

And here's the top

Walnut, 5 piece neck, birdseye maple, Coiltap, phase switch, jumbo frets, gold hardware, locking nut, gold logo. $1,450

cool guitar, congrats

and go for carvin
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube