For recording/mixing, I use Audacity.... but I can only record guitars and vocals!

What programs (free or not) could I use for keyboard, bass and drums simulation??

Also, I don't know if it's possible but if these programs there midi->realsound converter, it'd be really great... that way I could import my GP tracks into "realsounding" ones.... Please don't suggest me using GP's RSE as I think the sounds on the blow as hell.... unless there's a way making them sound ACTUALLY real??
( new patches, etc. I don't know! )

Thanks!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
well. For bass, i would use whatever program you used for guitar, as for keyboard the same. i just use a guitar cable into my keyboard them into my toneport, which has some piano banks, same for bass and guitar.

Drums, are harder. Theirs a program called Fruity loops which you could use but, it's tedious.
^ I don't use a program for guitar... I plug my guitar line-in into my soundcard and record from there!

I'll give a look at Fruity Loops...
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance

GP V5 has what is called RSE REalistic Sound Engine and while it's not perfect, it sounds a buttload better than V4 with just the lame ass MID sounds.
BC Rich Platinum ST3 w/ EMG 82's
BC Rich/Kahler Nagoya Assassin W/SD SSL-3 and SH-4
MIM Fender Strat
USA Telecaster
Charvelle Surfcaster
Peavey Transtube Supreme
Peavy 4-12 stereo cab
ART SGX2000 Express
I use guitar pro 5.0 drums and mix them with guitar pro 5.2 drums and then eq them a bit and put some reverb and they sound real enough until I can get a real drummer, you can see here>>> www.myspace.com/wutheringband
Considering how much they compress and fake drums these days, any attempt to sound real is probably good enough
Quote by hurlyz
Please don't suggest me using GP's RSE as I think the sounds on the blow as hell....
Quote by Bemo64
GP V5 has what is called RSE REalistic Sound Engine and while it's not perfect, it sounds a buttload better than V4 with just the lame ass MID sounds.
Lolll... It doesn't sound "real" enough for me... I'd like to use it for a demo (school project) so I can't use fake-sounding instruments... =S

Quote by Resiliance

^^^ No you're right it doesn't sound "real" but it sounds better than the MIDI sounds in V4

Soor about that. I didn't see the part about NOT usung GP5.

try SFZ soundFont Player. Export your GP4/5 MIDIs to this and see if it's any better

http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfz.htm
BC Rich Platinum ST3 w/ EMG 82's
BC Rich/Kahler Nagoya Assassin W/SD SSL-3 and SH-4
MIM Fender Strat
USA Telecaster
Charvelle Surfcaster
Peavey Transtube Supreme
Peavy 4-12 stereo cab
ART SGX2000 Express
Last edited by Bemo64 at Aug 1, 2007,