Page 1 of 3
OK, I'll probably get flammed for this, I know I should use the drug thread, but I'm too lazy. Anyway, me and my cousin have been great friends since we were little. He lives in Everett Mass, (very urban) and I live in NH (suburbs). We always used to call each other, hang out on weekends, have sleep overs, stuff like that, but recently (the last 4 or so months) his attitude has really changed. I would call him every night or every other, and we would usually answer, but his mom started picking up and saying he's out with friends. We slowly started drifting apart, not talking very often. I asked to sleep over, and he said he didn't want to. That's when I knew something was wrong. Me, living in the suburbs and not having easy access to friends, got bored after a little while and called him. We talked for a little while, and he was much different than he used to be. A few things stick out in particular:

1. His taste in music. His favorite band used to be the Rolling Stones, he even got to go to the big bang concert. He doesn't even like them anymore. It's all pretty much emo now.

2. Me and him made a pact that we would NEVER make a myspace and agreed that they wasting peoples lives. Now he has one, goes on every day.

3. Change in attitude. When I would talk to him on the phone he would ALWAYS fight with one of his family members. And like I said, he's out real late almost every night. It got to the point that he wouldn't even return my phone calls. He even told me recently that his mom thought he was smoking marijauna.

We don't talk anymore but the last conversation we had really hit me and I didn't know what to say. I'll right it down as best as I recall.

(On AIM)

Him: How do you block your number?
Me: You don't return my phone calls, why should I return your IMs?
Him: Stfu
Me: Why should I?
Him: Fuck you, go get fucked in the ass.

then he blocks me.

I don't know whats happened. Over the course of 4 months, we go from best friends, to hating each other, and I have no other explanation except drugs. (Marijuana most likely) Doing drugs DOES run in our family, I must say. His father is in jail now for possession of cocaine, and he doesn't give a shit about it. Infact, he's buddy-buddy with him. Tell me what youguys think happened to him.
Quote by evening_crow
Holy crap!!! a talking penis!!!

Quote by Rush Fan 06
i wasnt 3, but i ate **** when i was 4 thinking it was chocolate

if someone sigs this i will murder them.
I haven't met anyone who changed like that from doing marijuana.
Spastic Ink
So you come to a site full of masturbating teenagers and a few immature adults to find an answer to make someone like you? Dude, it's probably puberty Maybe he doesn't want to be on the phone to his cousin every night. Maybe he doesn't want a little sleep over with another boy. Maybe he wants to meet new people and get new friends and do something a little different. Most peolpe smoke weed in their life, just accept it.
People move further away from each other as they grow up, it just happens.
it's difficult to say really
that's not a very responsible thing to do as a cousin

how old are you both? the same age?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I think you're right.

I've always been anti-drug, and things like this do happen.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
His father went to jail.... i reckon he aint feelin great?
Maybe hes very down and don't know how to express it.....
His friends, probably living in the urban area he does, most likely had a huge influence on him.
He made other friends?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Maybe...he's in LOVE!?!?

*cue dramatic background music*
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
well, i find the best procedure to do is this...

You: Hey [cousin name]
Him: Hey Joe (what you doin' with that gun.... )
You: Hey erm...do you do drugs?
Him: Erm... yeah...

or

Him: No! shut up man!
You: Good...just looking out for you
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Oh no, he's turned emo.
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
Quote by Smoke Bush
Turned emo man, not stoner.

No such thing
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
dude no offence but you sound like his girlfriend
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
if he's listening to emo music, then he's crying in a corner. when his mom asks him to cut the grass he wishes it would be more emo and cut itself. has he stopped washing his hair?
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by jpgilbert701

pretty muck an you need to give the poor guy some space and if he is smoking pot go smoke it with him have some fun
song stuck in my head today

Definately drugs. He's probobly addicted to huffing sharpies. God knows what will happen if he ever tries pot. Probobly kill someone and have to ***** himself in prison for cigarrettes.

Or maybe he is just changing. It happens to people all the time.
I used to be close with my cousin too, but now the only time we talk is on IM. And this happened in a matter of months, too. It's definitely not drugs, he's just older and wants to hang out with people who aren't his family.
Quote by jpgilbert701

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Maybe you should accept the fact that he's changed and doesn't like you anymore?

If he's gonna be like that, you're better off without him, anyway.
I'll be your friend. *hugs*
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
He listens to emo...wow he has a myspace. Hmmm...definately drugs. Seriously get over it. Maybe you need to find some new friends yourself and stop stalking your cousin. If he's the only one that you ever hang out with...you have a problem. I live in the middle of nowhere, yet I have lots of friends because - I DON'T STALK MY COUSIN!!! You need to stop being so clingy.
Peepee on yo tittays
Dude, don't feel bad. I lost a lot of my friends to booze and drugs too. We used to be cool, but now all they want to do is get drunk and pop pills or get high or some ****, and I don't do that. So, if he's going to act like that, then don't even bother with him anymore, hopefully there's plenty of other people you could get along with where you live.
i know exactly whats wrong with him, Fallout Boy is to blame for this Travesty. Damn you Falloutboy!

but its more than likely hes just being all teenagery and thinking hes the center of attention and stuff. but fallout boy might be to blame...
I can safely say its NOT marijuana. Mary-Jane, in the general run of things, causes the adverse effect, calming people and making them more open and friendly. He might of started using some thing hard like cocaine or something of that nature, but I highly doubt it.

Hes probably just changing and growing up and wants to hang more with other friends, or he could be stressed from his father being in jail, or it could just be being a teenager.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Tubyboulin
i know exactly whats wrong with him, Fallout Boy is to blame for this Travesty. Damn you Falloutboy!

but its more than likely hes just being all teenagery and thinking hes the center of attention and stuff. but fallout boy might be to blame...

I see you share my hatred for Fallout Boy, but you dare to express it while I do not.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Hes probably just being a gay lil teenager, arguin with his mum cos he thinks he should etc. Its no suprise your growing apart, every 1 does sooner or later.

He is probably doing drugs most people do at one point. Its hard to avoid even if you dont want to.

People can change alot on drugs, I grew up with a kid spent alot of time together, grew apart naturally, didnt think much of it. But as soon as he started colledge he got in to weed, wasted his time in colledge gettins stoned, he was recently kicked out for the second time for breaking in to a bar and being arrested, all he does is smoke weed and get drunk, hes 18 and wont be going any where. It happenes.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
it's his choice, leave him alone....and the drug users i know, they don't show those symptoms....
they just loose a dramatic level in IQ
Quote by Våd Hamster
it's his choice, leave him alone....and the drug users i know, they don't show those symptoms....
they just loose a dramatic level in IQ

Funny, you must know idiots or Coke/herion junkies.

I doubt drugs are changing him from what you've said. It sounds like his interests have just changed, so either get into what he's into or find some new friends.

You could of course just tell him whenever u next get the chance that u feel a bit pissed off that he used to be a good mate and now he's ignorin u, but that would have the result of making u look like a bit of a woman
Quote by garden of grey

1. "Drug" is not a verb.

2. His music tastes are irrelevant and you are a total nerd for thinking that.

3. Same for Myspace.

4. He doesn't want to hang out with his whiny cousin, probably.

5. Weed won't make somebody angry.

/Thread

2. His music tastes are part of his interests, which are clearly vital in friends relationships.

3. Threadstarter was pointing out one of the ways which he's changed and/or gone back on things that he's said, not that the fact that he has a myspace means he's on drugs.

4. His cousin ain't whiney, just concerned.

5. Thanks Drug Doctor.

And i hate people who say /Thread, get over yourself mate
Quote by zekk
Funny, you must know idiots or Coke/herion junkies.

it's because i live in denmark
it's like it's cool if you are an idiot in denmark....there is like no rules here, you can occupy a building illigaly for a month or so before the police can get the necesary formula through to remove you with force....
Quote by Våd Hamster
it's because i live in denmark
it's like it's cool if you are an idiot in denmark....there is like no rules here, you can occupy a building illigaly for a month or so before the police can get the necesary formula through to remove you with force....

Damn. But you shouldn't blame a (relatively) harmless drug like weed for your friends being idiots.

TS, I don't know how drastic the change in your cousin is, but a lot of times, people do bounce back to old friends. One of my closest friends went on to hang out with some other retard back in the day, but he came back after realizing what a dumb c*nt the other dude was. If your cousin is hanging out with the wrong crowd and realizes it, it's most certain that he will come back to you, but if it's just him changing internally, then there's no saying that he will be close to you again.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
The only explanation you found is marijuana? Boy, I've been doings drugs actively for quite some months now and I'm not a bigger asshole than I always was.

Perhaps your cousin is just an adolescent, one of the stupid ones.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by zekk
Damn. But you shouldn't blame a (relatively) harmless drug like weed for your friends being idiots.

Do you know any body on weed?? Like seriously? It has huge psychological effects on people.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
the rolling stones are much more associated with drugs than emo music......

and where in NH do ya live?

Jack my swag
Page 1 of 3