Has anyone ordered amps for musiciansfriend? Has anyone received anything damaged from the site??

Also wondering if what Im ordering (In this case, a Crate V32) is 499, how much more do I pay in terms of taxes, duties, and all that crap....I live in Canada BTW..
Last edited by D_y_p26 at Jul 31, 2007,
i've ordered tons of things from them, including that dumb crate halfstack. nothing wrong with anything else.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I got my Line 6 practice amp from there. It came in about 4 days after I ordered it and everything was in fine shape. They have a great return policy if something is wrong with it though.
My Gear:

Agile AL-2000 (Tiger-Eye)
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric

Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer [Keeley Modded]
My first b52 head came in beat up shape because it seems it was dropped, i simply called them and had my new head within a week i think. There service is great.
I have a grudge against them at the moment. I ordered my amp, and it took like a week or two to ship. It came in great condition though, and I love it.

Then I ordered a pedal like 2 weeks ago, and it still hasn't shown up. I called and they said it should ship at the latest today...then another 2-5 days to get here.

It makes me angry, and if I was you I would go with somewhere else. If you don't mind waiting, they have excellent customer service, and they have great prices...
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I ordered my ****ty fender amp from them and it looks great, I ordered my Ibanez from them as well, flawless
I'd go so far as to recommend that you buy from their "scratch & dent" supply. Tough to find anything wrong with their "blem" or "slightly used" items, but the prices are great, and they come with full warranties. As someone else mentioned, their return policy is great. So if you buy a blem and you don't like it, you can always send it back.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ ah i know! there's a blem palomino v32 head for under $400. drives me wild
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by slatsmania
I'd go so far as to recommend that you buy from their "scratch & dent" supply. Tough to find anything wrong with their "blem" or "slightly used" items, but the prices are great, and they come with full warranties. As someone else mentioned, their return policy is great. So if you buy a blem and you don't like it, you can always send it back.

+1 on the blems, got my rg350 and my 412 cab blem for cheap with the guitar being perfect and the cab having a small section dented in that you cant really see
I wouldn't worry, because if there is anything wrong with it you can send it back and get a new one and they'll pay for your shipping. But, they also have this Scratch 'n' Dent thing, which is items that people have bought and have had so much as a little scratch on it and they sent it back, and they're way cheaper than a new one, and they're guaranteed to work perfect.
yeah i ordered my amp through them and it was pretty much perfect for the most part
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Yea they are really good, the majority of everything I ordered arrived at my house in 3-4 days...

Although right now they are changing warehouses...I ordered a seymour duncan SH-5 for my gibson almost 7 days ago (7 days in a couple hours...lol) and it still is "Being packed". Which is understandable.

But they said 2-5 days shipping time while they were in the process of changing warehouses... im gonna send them an email tomorrow... but I have no doubt I will recieve the product in good condition, it was just bad timing, haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Look elsewhere if you want it quickly. Apparently they're having issues getting things shipped due to a move.

I waited a good two weeks for a wah I ordered from them and when it hadn't even shipped by then I cancelled and ordered one from zzounds (this was about two months ago).
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
Yea they are really good, the majority of everything I ordered arrived at my house in 3-4 days...

Although right now they are changing warehouses...I ordered a seymour duncan SH-5 for my gibson almost 7 days ago (7 days in a couple hours...lol) and it still is "Being packed". Which is understandable.

But they said 2-5 days shipping time while they were in the process of changing warehouses... im gonna send them an email tomorrow... but I have no doubt I will recieve the product in good condition, it was just bad timing, haha

Ah, that helps me a little bit. At least I know they aren't out to get me .

Are you guys serious about their blems? I always find cool stuff but think it could end up here looking horrible, and I couldn't return it.
Guitar:
Amplifier:
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
^ of course you could return it.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

But on a scratch and dent item? Couldn't they just be like "oh that gigantic scratch? that was why we called it scratch and dent".
Guitar:
Amplifier:
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Amazing and REALLY fast, actually. Stuff comes in about a week, tops. Usually around 4 days.
They just changed their warehouse or something like that, so things take a little longer lately.. wait for a little bit, i'd say, till they get their stuff situated....
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Quote by Lightitup
But on a scratch and dent item? Couldn't they just be like "oh that gigantic scratch? that was why we called it scratch and dent".

ha, well i've never had to return anything, new or used. but i'm sure if you weren't satisfied in what shape it was, quality, or just not your style, you could return it with little fuss.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by Lightitup

Even on scratch and dent items theres no doubt in my mind that they wouldnt return it. Most of there "scratch and dent" items are returns anyways.
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, came in flawless condition. I got my old Cube 30 from there, had it within 4 days. Also ordered my now no-longer used Squier SA100 Acoustic (I should probably just smash it to bits as it's not worth anything and sucks ass, but I need something to whack around on .), a bunch of strings, picks, clothes, and little stuff like that.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
I ordered a bunch of **** off of there. Cables, straps, picks, an amp, etc...Never had anything wrong with any of the stuff they sent. When I ordered my windsor I used to have it came in a week or so.
I am the Infantry.
Quote by zerowley
I waited a good two weeks for a wah I ordered from them and when it hadn't even shipped by then I cancelled and ordered one from zzounds (this was about two months ago).

zZounds is also awesome. I'm close to them, and get my orders within two days. Bought a "blem" Korg D888 from them. Not a mark on it, saved about $150 off the price of a "new" one, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I ordered an amp from MF 2 years ago. It ended up getting backordered but they did let us know. It did take over a month to get it though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by slatsmania
zZounds is also awesome. I'm close to them, and get my orders within two days. Bought a "blem" Korg D888 from them. Not a mark on it, saved about $150 off the price of a "new" one, too.

Zzounds is the greatest! I Ordered my amp and a couple cymbals from them awhile bacl and the very next day it came in, and the shipping was free, very cool site.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
I've never had any problems with stuff I actually shipped. I did have once case recently when I ordered a MIDI controller and it was back-ordered for more than a month and their website said it had been discontinued. So I canceled, a surprisingly painless process, and bought a bass amp locally. I know here in the US, you don't get charged sales tax as long as you don't live in the state that they have a warehouse in. I don't know about duties though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687

Although right now they are changing warehouses...

I have bought like 95% of the gear I own from MF. I live just a few minutes away from the Outlet/ Distribution center.I have been in and out of there so many times taking something back and trying new stuff that I am actually surprised they still let me in! It's even a mess at the outlet right now since they are still in the process of moving everything in to the new place. They have one of the best return policies in the buisness. They are a high volume seller, so you won't get any form of personalized service from them, like if you buy a guitar from them it's going to be straight out of the box with no setup or inspection really. Their prices are good, and usually they have what you're looking for.
Well canceling and ordering from a different site might be a good idea, but I cant, I got 25$ credit when i ordered 300$ worth of stuff for my birthday, lol, and if I cancel I dont think i'll get the coupon back, haha :P

So I got no choice but to wait...

but other then now, its just bad timing, they are a great site, ships stuff out fast..except for recently, and has really good customer support
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial