I live in western Massachusetts, and pretty much everything in this region related to heavy music is hardcore this and Atreyucore that.

It's getting kind of sickening. There are no metal-related places nearby where I can go to get an Opeth or Dark Tranquillity shirt or find an Agalloch CD that isn't Ashes Against the Grain. Fye is okay for CDs, but there's a lot of stuff I can't find. The closest for shirts is Hot Topic, which only has the bare minimum (Slayer, Metallica, Demon Burger, and the like).

Help me find some metal places in my region, please! If anyone knows any places in New England that sells metal-related stuff, tell me! Try to keep it in western Massachusetts or Connecticut, or in the lower 1/4 of Vermont, but anything is fine at this point.
Uhhh...I believe that Newbury Comics stocks stuff from Nuclear Blast.

Check the Earache and Century Media sites as well...they'd probably say where they shipped to and whatnot.

I get most of my CD's from the Bull Moose music chain, but I'm pretty sure that the stores are only in Maine.

Your best bet is probably to just go to Boston and see what it has there...because I don't....think...that there's that much around here, or what I've seen in New Hampshire...and Rhode Island hasn't yielded many results either. Ehhhhh...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Theres a goth shop somewhere in Boston with some cool shirts. FYE stocks metal albums.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Warning: FYE is nothing short of undisguised assrape of the wallet. Beware, ye who enter.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
hahaha
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Newburry comics has a lot of good stuff music wise. The one in Natick is the best. I'm not too sure if they're in Western Mass, but they are the best place I have found.
Newburry Comics is the best place to get metal CDs in Mass. Occasionally FYE has something, but Newburry Comics still has more. As for shirts, I just order them off the internet because searching for one here would take just as many days as it takes for the shirt to ship to my house...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
the music outlet in enfield has loads of metal and mostly anything,like i could not find the new all out war cd anywhere went there found it,so yea good stuff there
Thanks for the help so far, although I can't really get to a lot of these places.

No one has anything closer to where I live?
Theres the interwebz....

as far as merch goes I like to buy shirts when I go to shows.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Yeah I live in southern CT and besides an FYE at the mall I can't find too much metal stuff, and the FYE has little more than the bigger bands. I'd be interested to find if there were any places selling more obscure metalz too.
Quote by Scourge441
I live in western Massachusetts, and pretty much everything in this region related to heavy music is hardcore this and Atreyucore that.

It's getting kind of sickening. There are no metal-related places nearby where I can go to get an Opeth or Dark Tranquillity shirt or find an Agalloch CD that isn't Ashes Against the Grain. Fye is okay for CDs, but there's a lot of stuff I can't find. The closest for shirts is Hot Topic, which only has the bare minimum (Slayer, Metallica, Demon Burger, and the like).

Help me find some metal places in my region, please! If anyone knows any places in New England that sells metal-related stuff, tell me! Try to keep it in western Massachusetts or Connecticut, or in the lower 1/4 of Vermont, but anything is fine at this point.

Vermont has nothing the whole state has basically no metal. Newbury Comics in Amherst is probably the best store amazing catologue they don't sell shirts unfortunately. Just shop online for shirts EBAY is the way to go.Yeah man Western Mass isn't big in music outside the lines of metalcore and hardcore I was in 2 brutal death metal band's for awhile and it was almost impossible to find another member or ANY as a matter of fact so I settled being a 1 man band.Ok enough with my babbling just go to Newbury Comics.
Quote by insideac
New England is a piece of **** when it comes to metal. Its like a haven for punks though

?............ New England has a pretty good amount of metal bands