Are you for or against the act of squatting? Are their certain conditions that would justify the act for you?

I'm personally cool with it. Morals only come into play, when people catch you.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Sqauatting?

EDIT: Nevermind, i see the thread title was a typo.

I don't really care. I'd rather see people squat than someones ass way up in the air.

Unless that person's ass is a really hot chick

EDITEDIT: Wait....What kind of squatting are we talking about here?

EDITEDITEDIT: Oh, i see. I'd rather see that homeless person in a building hiding than on the street begging for money. Everyone needs shelter, even if it's that person's fault that they're homeless
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Last edited by IUseAPurplePick at Jul 30, 2007,
If I'm not mistaken, its when homeless people take up residence in a building without paying rent. Yes, I am for it.
Street lawyer taught me all about homeless people :P
Gear:
ESP LTD F-50
Silvertone strat knock off (not quite sure)
Silvertone 15 watt practice amp
ok squatting as in sitting down to piss or squatting as in live in a residence without paying the rightful owner?
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Quote by sargasm
Squatting is pretty punk rock.

plus one
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
It's chill as hell, everyone needs shelter. I've always thought the concept of owning land was kind of strange anyway.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

think about it this way. If you and your family go on holiday would you be fine to come back and find a homeless man in your bed?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
think about it this way. If you and your family go on holiday would you be fine to come back and find a homeless man in your bed?

ME: "Yo main, what chu doin in me bedz?"
MAN: "..."
ME: "Dude, i need an answer man, or I'm gonna have to shoot you."
MAN: "No....Don't...I just needed shelter....I'm dieing out there. I don't have a home."
ME: "Aww....Well then, hold on a second."
*Runs to mom*
ME: "Mom, theres a homeless guy in my bed, can i keep him?"
MOM: "Only if you keep his water bowl full and feed him."
ME: "OK!! THANKS MOM!!"
*Runs back to homeless man*
ME: "Aight, You my bitch now."
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
I dont know... I dont care.. It doesn't happen to me...

If some homeless dude starts squatting in a place i own, i'ld probably let him stay there if i'm not using the place for anything elz and he makes sure he keeps the place clean and tidy.
Though the odds of that happening are slim...

One thing i'ld always like to say to homeless people is.... GET A ****ING JOB GODDAMN!!!!
Like most of the times they're people in pretty good shape, they should have no problem getting a job. But they're just too ****ing lazy to get one... I have little sympathy for those people. I'm here working my ass off to make my living. And this dude sitting in a corner all day doing absolutely nothing expects me to pay for his living...!

/rant
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
ME: "Yo main, what chu doin in me bedz?"
MAN: "..."
ME: "Dude, i need an answer man, or I'm gonna have to shoot you."
MAN: "No....Don't...I just needed shelter....I'm dieing out there. I don't have a home."
ME: "Aww....Well then, hold on a second."
*Runs to mom*
ME: "Mom, theres a homeless guy in my bed, can i keep him?"
MOM: "Only if you keep his water bowl full and feed him."
ME: "OK!! THANKS MOM!!"
*Runs back to homeless man*
ME: "Aight, You my bitch now."

Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Ehhh...I've come in contact with people who squat (mostly crust punks and the like) and it doesn't actually seem like they squat out out the fact that they're lazy or anything...in fact, it was quite the opposite...

They had actually made the concious decision to squat themselves, and felt that they should not have to live in a society where they had to pay money to the government to keep themselves sheltered, a basic and vital necessity for life.

Basically, paying to live.

Does it make sense to me? Totally.

Would I do it myself? Ehhh....dunno.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by af_the_fragile
I dont know... I dont care.. It doesn't happen to me...

If some homeless dude starts squatting in a place i own, i'ld probably let him stay there if i'm not using the place for anything elz and he makes sure he keeps the place clean and tidy.
Though the odds of that happening are slim...

One thing i'ld always like to say to homeless people is.... GET A ****ING JOB GODDAMN!!!!
Like most of the times they're people in pretty good shape, they should have no problem getting a job. But they're just too ****ing lazy to get one... I have little sympathy for those people. I'm here working my ass off to make my living. And this dude sitting in a corner all day doing absolutely nothing expects me to pay for his living...!

/rant

I would seriously agree, but they lack an ability to get a job if they don't have a phone number or an address. Most places won't hire with out those.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Ehhh...I've come in contact with people who squat (mostly crust punks and the like) and it doesn't actually seem like they squat out out the fact that they're lazy or anything...in fact, it was quite the opposite...

They had actually made the concious decision to squat themselves, and felt that they should not have to live in a society where they had to pay money to the government to keep themselves sheltered, a basic and vital necessity for life.

Basically, paying to live.

Does it make sense to me? Totally.

Would I do it myself? Ehhh....dunno.

pretty much my view on it.