I think this is an appropriate place for this.

I've gotten the blues. It shows through my music, I love the sound I get, it brings me back to the early days of rock, when drunks on the side of the road could get a ride home from cops and things were less strict and harsh. The music I started playing just has advanced me beyond what I could of ever done with rock and roll, which I played starting off. I've been turning off the distortion and hitting the acoustic, ripping through blues riffs and turning them into soulful pieces, along with dedicating a lot more time to the practice and art of music.

But ever since I've gotten the blues, I crave that feeling. This is going to sound like emo, but I guess technically it is, I don't mind. But, the blues gives me the music I crave, but it's tearing my mind apart, I'm losing a lot of things, but I don't seem to care very much just as long as I can make my guitar sing the emotion I've been feeling.

I guess it's hard to take it seriously unless it's happened to you, would like some feedback/comments if you've had this happen to you or feel the same way.

Sorry if it's in the wrong place, or seems just plain dumb to you.
VOYAGE THROUGH THE TREES VERRUCKT
Eh, well. You don't have to be sad to write blues. I used to sorta be that way, but now I've changed. I'm an extremely happy guy, but I can still write soulful blues tunes. What I tend to do is when I want a sad song, I sing/write about life from another persons perspective. Lets say I write a tune about a guy thats suffering through a break up. I'm not going through a breakup at the time, but the character I'm writing is. I try to get into the characters head as much as I can. And when I do, I can really express emotion.

The funny thing is, my girlfriend will listen to the song and see what words I wrote to go with it and she'll be like " But, I'm not trying to breakup with you?? " I simply nod and smile and say "I know "
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
I feel I've shunned a lot of my friends and family. Because of the blues. In a way though, I love the feeling but, in retrospect I'm destroying my relationship with anyone/everyone I know.

I feel like I should give my life to the blues, I don't want to lose that feeling or sound.

But again, it's hard to understand unless you've experienced it. I don't claim for you to get it at first.
lol, its like signing with the devil, either you get maad guitar skillz and ultimately... well.. what everyone with maad guitar+music skillz gets, or you keep your close friends interested in you!
Go to the Crossroads my son, there you will find the answer.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Did you talked lately with polite gentleman on crossroads?
If no, go talk with him.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Did you talked lately with polite gentleman on crossroads?

Did you taked English class?
Quote by vrktPT
I feel I've shunned a lot of my friends and family. Because of the blues. In a way though, I love the feeling but, in retrospect I'm destroying my relationship with anyone/everyone I know.

The only thing that really matters in life is your relationships with other people, especially the ones you love.

Edit: I try to live my life by that sentence. Also, I dont understand how you could love feeling sad. I suggest you seek professional help, or just talk to someone close to you about it.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Last edited by Ænimus Prime at Jul 31, 2007,
Quote by sTx

Did you?

I wish I had the blues right now. Acoustic blues, slide blues, it's all good, I love it.
Quote by sTx

Never.
English isn't my primary language, but I try.
I am not ashamed because of this, on UG pit kids who speak and write English entire life
spell worse than me.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by Ænimus Prime
The only thing that really matters in life is your relationships with other people, especially the ones you love.

Edit: I try to live my life by that sentence. Also, I dont understand how you could love feeling sad. I suggest you seek professional help, or just talk to someone close to you about it.

I meant, I loved the feeling of the blues more than the people I love. It's not really being sad I guess, I'm just kind of at a lack of words. To make this even harder to understand, having the blues makes me happy, (Being sad makes me happy?) it's really just the music that keeps me around, I don't know what I'd do if I lost that.

Although I'm getting out more, I'm gettin' a bit too behind on shaving and maintaining my look though. I walk outside and people start questioning themselves on weither or not they just saw big foot. ;P Still shower regularly though, I'm not that insane!

Good to hear from you guys, btw. Glad to know there's others out there.
You've found your calling if you like. This is something that really works for you, I much prefer playing/listening to darker music. If things get really bad then you should look to see if your priorities need straightened out.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Did you?

I wish I had the blues right now. Acoustic blues, slide blues, it's all good, I love it.

Lol, I was being sarcastic.