Page 1 of 2
its probably a stupid question that im gonna sound stupid asking..but..ill go for it anyway.

k. so for my job, i work at a military training base picking up brass riffle and pistol shells. every now and then you'll find a live round or full amunition, right? when you're working in one hundred degree weather..could this be dangerous? i mean..couldnt the heat trigger like the bottom of the round and cause it to go off? thats just what i heard. now me, knowing nothing about guns whatsoever, could be completely wrong. but thats why im asking. so tell me how big of a risk is this. and try to do so without making any references to e-secks or icy hot. much love.
gabbieRAMONE <3
she's a renegade princess.

"I guess I can go anywhere I want. If only I knew where to go." -layne thomas staley.
Meh.

I don't think so. Not 100 degree heat, anyway.

If they were sitting upright on metal or something, maybe. But it should be okay.

I would still be careful, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Haven't you seen Shaun of the Dead?

Shotgun Shells+Fire=instant death

In other words, if it's hot enough, it can go off.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Gunpowder's flash point is pretty high - you'd probably be dead before the round went off because of pure heat.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by Born_to_shred
Haven't you seen Shaun of the Dead?

Shotgun Shells+Fire=instant death

In other words, if it's hot enough, it can go off.

They weren't shotgun shells. There wasn't even a shotgun in the pub.

It was a Wincester rifle. They were rifle shells.

Get it right.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Dammit, i got owned...

oh well
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
the temperature would have to be ridiculously hot to set them off.....but....direct sunlight can make it happen...be careful dude
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by (:JewishSatan
If you shoot yourself I'm gonna laugh at you.

I don't think he would post back here, because the everpresent threat of your laughter...
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
If you shoot yourself I'm gonna laugh at you.

that's a pretty interesting thing to say, considering ive made it clear i dont even touch guns at work, smartass.
gabbieRAMONE <3

"I guess I can go anywhere I want. If only I knew where to go." -layne thomas staley.
ok well thanks guys. i only asked cause my boyfriend gets really worried about me working there and wants me to quit..but its excellent money=]

(no , im not a fag. im a GIRLLLL.)
gabbieRAMONE <3

Quote by rebelrebelx
that's a pretty interesting thing to say, considering ive made it clear i dont even touch guns at work, smartass.

Do you want a cookie? Stay away from guns you'll shoot your self in the crotch.
Do you want a cookie? Stay away from guns you'll shoot your self in the crotch.

i take it you're telling me this from personal experience? yes?
dont worry sweetcheeks. penises arent that great anyway.
gabbieRAMONE <3

Quote by rebelrebelx
i take it you're telling me this from personal experience? yes?
dont worry sweetcheeks. penises arent that great anyway.

I am an alien we dont have penis's noob.
Quote by the agony scene
get a magnifying glass ,it says the degrees in which your at danger on the bottom in small print

Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
She has a pussy so she shall be banged.

Smile, enjoy, live...you only get to do it once.
I am an alien we dont have penis's noob.

noob? is that the best you got?
i see a penis isnt the only thing you lack.
gabbieRAMONE <3

Quote by rebelrebelx
noob? is that the best you got?
i see a penis isnt the only thing you lack.

You turn me on
That kind of heat isnt a problem, but all the flames in this thread might give off enough heat.....

In a gun, the hammer goes forward, and the firing pin at the end of the hammer hits the percussion cap (that little round thing at the bottom). The percussion cap causes a burst that ignites the gun powder, causing a large explosion, causing the bullet to be propelled forward.

Also, me and my friend used to put shotgun shells in clamps facing the ground, and hit them with a hammer with a nail attatched to the end. It takes alot of force on the cap to set it off as well.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
You turn me on

i have that effect on people.
gabbieRAMONE <3

Quote by rebelrebelx
i have that effect on people.

Unfortunately I dont want genital warts so I dont wanna do you
You will occasionally find a live round that jammed and was ejected. And this round might be cooked off. However, without the chamber and barrel to compress the gas to propel the bullet forward, your not going to get shot. It'l go pop, the bullet will be pushed out, and if your actually holding it, you'd likely get burned. No penetration.
Unfortunately I dont want genital warts so I dont wanna do you

seeing as you dont HAVE any genitals, darling, i dont see how that would be an issue. however, im not into strap-ons, so you're out of luck, kiddo.

i dont have any stds, but id love to give them to you anyway.
gabbieRAMONE <3

Quote by NorseGodofRock
You will occasionally find a live round that jammed and was ejected. And this round might be cooked off. However, without the chamber and barrel to compress the gas to propel the bullet forward, your not going to get shot. It'l go pop, the bullet will be pushed out, and if your actually holding it, you'd likely get burned. No penetration.

probably the first guy on the internet to say that and not be lying
Quote by the agony scene
so was your previous post reason for deletion "im a total dumbass"?

no. reason for deletion: nobody caught onto the sarcasm.
gabbieRAMONE <3

how'd you get a job like that?
If You Worry about Critics, Him, Her, and Them.....It's Already Too Late.
Quote by rebelrebelx
seeing as you dont HAVE any genitals, darling, i dont see how that would be an issue. however, im not into strap-ons, so you're out of luck, kiddo.

Well I have a cheese flavored dildo that would love to give you a Dirty Sanchez.
Quote by moomoocons

In a gun, the hammer goes forward, and the firing pin at the end of the hammer hits the percussion cap (that little round thing at the bottom). The percussion cap causes a burst that ignites the gun powder, causing a large explosion, causing the bullet to be propelled forward.

Unless it's rimfire. But I don't think the military of wherever your from shoots cheap 22 bullets.

Even if the round went off, which pretty much won't happen unless your really trying to set it off, the bullet probably wouldn't kill you it will just be like a slightly more powerful blackcat type firework.
Quote by the agony scene
probably the first guy on the internet to say that and not be lying

Dude, as I was typing that, I was thinking "oh man this is an irresistible setup for a sex joke for some UGer, I shouldn't make it this easy"
Quote by 6079 Smith W

Even if the round went off, which pretty much won't happen unless your really trying to set it off, the bullet probably wouldn't kill you it will just be like a slightly more powerful blackcat type firework.

Truth. With no chamber to compress the gas, no high speed bullet. For sure its gonna burn you and propell the bullet a little ways, but hardly enough to actually hurt anything. Think of it like a very heavy airsoft pellet. It'l sting, but its not gonna kill you dude.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
No penetration.

I've never been more saddened by two words in my entire life.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Anyway, you're safe. 100 degree heat won't make them go off.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Truth. With no chamber to compress the gas, no high speed bullet. For sure its gonna burn you and propell the bullet a little ways, but hardly enough to actually hurt anything. Think of it like a very heavy airsoft pellet. It'l sting, but its not gonna kill you dude.

In fact, becasue it's not contained in a chamber causing the high pressure to propel the bullet forward, the actual case (the shiny brass thing) becomes the projectile because it weighs less than the actual bullet. They don't do much and it probably wouldn't hurt you too bad. It might break the skin.

As far as tossing one in a fire, the bullet will melt faster than the powder will ignite so you have no pressure there either.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce
ya ug has it all wrong except for moomoocons a pin will strike the cap and, under pressure, that charge will ignite the gunpowder. But gunpowder doesnt explode it burns at a very fast rate snd that built up pressure finds an exit wich is the bullet. it propells the bullet with the rest of the gas down the barrel and the more the barrel the longer the range and speed of the bullet. so unless you have some kinda tuff ass tube and a way to strike it and keep the pressure inside the tube no worries. the only heat hot enough to set off the gunpowder would have to melt the metal first and then there wouldnt be a bullet so its a catch 22 kinda thing.
Quote by rebelrebelx

So you're saying women don't have genitals?

I nominate this for dumbest post of the day. haha
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Page 1 of 2