Well I haven't dealt with that, but generally iTunes won't let you play their files (m4a right?) on another player or (if you bought it on iTunes) let you send it to another person's iTunes account. I just burn them onto a CD and then rip it onto the computer again.

Sorry if that's not what you're talking about...I'm not the most computer savvy
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Well I haven't dealt with that, but generally iTunes won't let you play their files (m4a right?) on another player or (if you bought it on iTunes) let you send it to another person's iTunes account. I just burn them onto a CD and then rip it onto the computer again.

Sorry if that's not what you're talking about...I'm not the most computer savvy

well, I could get most of my songs onto my zen by converting them, but 50 or so of them wouldn't convert because it said they are protected.
Like Jett said, put 'em on a CD, and rip 'em back onto ur comp.
I'm a guy who plays guitar
Quote by xstraightedgex
i can officialy say basschica you are the person i most respect on these entire forums

Quote by sargasm
There should be a country band who does Smashing Pumpkins covers called the Smashing Bumpkins.

Profile: Add me
burning discs didn't work, unless you have to burn them from your own computer? my friend burned the songs for me off his itunes account. Again, i'm not talking about just getting music onto my Zen, it's the protected files.
If you burn the protected files to a CD, then rip them to the computer as MP3s, then they will be unprotected.

Or you could just download a program called TuneBite, which does what you're asking about.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
If you burn the protected files to a CD, then rip them to the computer as MP3s, then they will be unprotected.

Or you could just download a program called TuneBite, which does what you're asking about.

free?
If you bought them on iTunes, you're done for. There's nothing you can do (fun fact: EMI just released their entire catalog DRM-free, and maybe you can re-buy songs at a reduced price to remove the DRM). If you merely imported them into iTunes you can convert them to mp3, haven't used it in a long time so I forget exactly how. It can be done.
Quote by self-made_page
If you bought them on iTunes, you're done for. There's nothing you can do (fun fact: EMI just released their entire catalog DRM-free, and maybe you can re-buy songs at a reduced price to remove the DRM). If you merely imported them into iTunes you can convert them to mp3, haven't used it in a long time so I forget exactly how. It can be done.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Rub icy hot on them.

damn. you beat me to it.
Quote by Jimbou
I wish my sister asked me to do it again..she's really hot....

I'm going to hell

EDIT..mmhhh, I would stand going to hell if I could do it again now
ACTUALLY I just bought a program online for 15 USD, called Sound Taxi, and it removes DRM protection from music (I use it to convert my files I download from Ruckus....

Best 15 bucks I've ever spent
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Just torrent the files you already bought as .mp3s. Its not like you're stealing them right? You already paid for the digital music so go ahead.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
or you could bust out with audacity
and re-record the song onto your comp
but that would require you to listen to each song all the way through
founder/leader of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club
pm me if you would like to join

--my gear--
squier '51 (flipped for left handed)
cheap no name 15w amp
Yeah I do this all the time its a bit of a pain because you can only do 20 songs at a time or so but it works. Burn the encrypted files to a CD (making sure you make an audio CD and not an MP3 CD) then import them back into iTunes from the CD making sure you replace the original files.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Limewire all of the "protected" files which you downloaded, and if the protected files were from a disc just rip those cds again.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by i have to pee
Just torrent the files you already bought as .mp3s. Its not like you're stealing them right? You already paid for the digital music so go ahead.

Guess who has two thumbs and parents who are too cheap to get off dial-up?
This guy (points to self)

You can burn them to (audio)CD off an authorised computer, and then re-rip using an mp3 encoder. It's what i did with .m4a files.