My band has a few originals and were building up a good amount of covers. So as of right now we have maybe enough songs for a 45 min set. We've been talking a bit about getting payed to play at places. Thing is, seeing as were only 14, theres no way were going to get to play in bars. Other then that theres really nothing around for 14 year old band kids to get payed.

So whats about the normal age we can start to get payed to play in bars and places like that?
i think you can play in bars if you have your parents with you. this will help your image, too. especially if your mom's hot.
**RIP In the Van on the Comeback Road**

Quote by confusius
You're going to have to go to the doctor. He is going to ram his finger up your ass and the rest you can imagine. It will be severly painful you are most likely to die in the process. Enjoy.
im interested in this myself
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Soon as you guys look like your 21, hahaha. But its real hard to get paid as a local rock band. My drummer and I do blues and jazz gigs to actually make money, then our rock band we just focus on having fun since its next to impossible to make money that way.
Quote by aleckillscobra
i think you can play in bars if you have your parents with you. this will help your image, too. especially if your mom's hot.

My moms single? That count?

Dragon: There is a bar down the street that they book tons of rock bands. My friend and I went to see my...science teachers...band play there a few weeks ago, so we plan on playing there. Were all friends with the teacher, so maybe we can get him to let us open for him...
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Jul 31, 2007,
there is one place around here called the village pub south and if as long as you sell more than 9 tickets for your band at $10 each you earn some money back. ive had friends play there since they were 13 and they get invited back a lot, now they opened up for bands liek the misfits and they are 17/18ish
yes, go up to drunks and tell them if they give you money, your mom will flash them. if you feel uncomfortable with this, go up to even drunker guys, demand more money and show them your wang. fool proof.
**RIP In the Van on the Comeback Road**

Quote by confusius
You're going to have to go to the doctor. He is going to ram his finger up your ass and the rest you can imagine. It will be severly painful you are most likely to die in the process. Enjoy.
I went to one restaurant last week that randomly had a band playing in the corner. If nothing else, try to find one of those places/ask random restaurants.

I was 16 when I started gigging, but That was still maybe a year or two after I started playing.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
There are some clubs around that cater to younger patrons and have bands. There are a couple of them near me where some of my students play. Sorry, I don't know about your area. Origional gigs usually have an arrangement where pay is based on how many people come to see your band and you make part of the door money.
restraunts? all i know is asian people find me to look 15 yet all other races find me 17+ when i go to buy paintballs and airsoft bbs
it's really easy. if u know someone who works there. if u dont then try to work out a deal with the managers/owners. be persistant, but dont be rude. play for as little as possible. if you start to attract a bigger crowd, then slowly start asking for more.
Check your county laws in the ages. I've seen various things such as 21+ only no exceptions, Any age with adult, or any age doesn't matter.

Don't rule out bars by the only places that pay. Check local arts councils, libraries (if you are a softer style), local festivals, community events, etc.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
My band plays a lot of shows and rarely gets paid by the venue itself. We usually get paid about $100-$125 a show by the production/booking company that puts it together. That price may go up due to we need some gas money.

It all depends on where you look.
I don't know about America, but in the UK (at least where I live) they're quite laid back about letting underage bands into pubs and bars. I've been gigging at those sort of venues since I was 15 and these days despite still being underage (dunno if they know that or not) we get drinks on the house all the time too. They just don't care anymore. Or maybe they just like our music so much.

But I can't see why there'd be a problem in underage kids playing in those sort of places where you are, as long as you behave and know how to handle drunks. Considering you're that young, I'd imagine you'd be playing earlier than most anyway - so you shouldn't have any problems.