Hi, I just bought a 7 String guitar. Actually it is both my first 7 string guitar and a first also with a Tremolo.

So , I decided I was going to re-string it....My mistake obviously was doing it like I do it with my other guitars....I took all the strings off...(Yeah I know, take string BY string. Actually I do that, but I wanted to clean the fretboard a little bit, since it's used.) So know I got the strings on, but when I try to tune it, the tremolo rises up, and when I finish all of the strings have lost their tone.

What should I do know to stop this ?

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Pertenozzo at Jul 31, 2007,
What kind of tremelo is it? Ifit is floating, you forgot to block it when restringing. If not, you need to add a spring or two into the back cavity. How many are back there now?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
3 springs.

How do you block it ? Or what should I do know ?

The tremolo looks like the ones found on strats, (Old versions of Floyd Rose's ? ) Anyway I could't find a pic on the Net =/.
Can you pull up and down, or just down on the bar? If just down, add a spring, or if you really don't care about vibrato right now and just want to play, shove something in between the metal block under the bridge and the 'wall' of the guitar. so the bridge cannot creep up on you.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
Actually it doesn't have a bar, I really don't care for the tremolo, but I want to tune it without doing anything to the guitar, can't I just lock it and tune it ? How should I, if that's the case ? .

Thanks for listening to me.
Oh, then just block it as described above. Find a piece of somthing (wood block?) that will fit in between the metal bridge block and the rear 'wall' of the guitar. make sure it fits as tight as possible. This will prevent the bridge from rising when you tune up.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox