I'm stuck trying to understand a pedal schematic i found on the internet for an ibanez ts-808 original pro. The schematic doesn't state what power the resistors are, i thought maybe there is a standard for guitar pedals? it only gives me the resistance i.e. 10k etc. i thought maybe they were 1/4w? also it doesn't mention what the voltage of the capacitors are, is there some sort of standard voltage for that too? and also from what i can see it is using a 6v power supply, this confused me as i thought all pedals run from a 9v single battery?

the schematic i found is listed here:
http://www.schematicheaven.com/effects.htm

thanks
Do yourself a favour

http://ggg.anomielife.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=26

If you are asking questions like that, I don't think you are going to have a great deal of luck - I'd start with something easier like a kit rather than dropping yourself in the deep end - the details there will help you build one, and add all the good mods if you want to!

Edit: and for the record, unless otherwise stated, I always use 1/4w resistors in my builds.
i work for an instrument and electronic design company as a cad designer, my old man also has a number of recgonised qualifications in electronics, i have all the help i need i just want to get things straight before i turn to them.

i appreciate your help about the resistors, unless somebody wishes to enlighten me i will stick to 1/4w resistors.

any help on the capacitors and power supply?

many thanks

EDIT: thanks a lot for the link, i'll certainly use that as a reference.
Last edited by 3nemy at Jul 31, 2007,
Most of the caps I use are usually at least 16v - because that's what's easily available - the higher the voltage the bigger the cap is going to be. You wouldn't want to go below the value of the power supply though.

Usually, if the cap needs to be higher voltage, it'll say on the schematic.

I'd still recommend getting a kit and doing it yourself and work upto working off a schematic, it's a lot more interesting that way than getting someone else to sort it out for you - but that's just me.
Quote by mark_wuk
Most of the caps I use are usually at least 16v - because that's what's easily available - the higher the voltage the bigger the cap is going to be. You wouldn't want to go below the value of the power supply though.

Usually, if the cap needs to be higher voltage, it'll say on the schematic.

I'd still recommend getting a kit and doing it yourself and work upto working off a schematic, it's a lot more interesting that way than getting someone else to sort it out for you - but that's just me.

If he's got a bit of electronics knowledge, I'd suggest that you try one of the easier projects here. Something like the Tube Reamer would be good for a first project, it's just a stripped down TS clone.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."