MTV2 said Sucker Free WAS Hip Hop.

Change back your avatar

please
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Umm... is this supposed to be surprising?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
MTV2 sucks now, it used to be commercial-free and then they started showing adverts. The adverts were bearable, then they started showing Jamster adverts. Then they started showing adverts for rap music. Then MTV erased VH2. Then MTV2 became absolutely flooded with new Indie music; and even though I like a good bit of the ol' Indie once in a while, I'm sure I don't want a whole chart filled with it.

MTV...you suck. Someone had to say it. I've gone to Q and Kerrang. Why must you make me? Q only shows good music in the morning, and then taunts you with the idea of an FHM branded music-show. Boobies, you think, great. But none of it is music. Not music at all. And some songs on Kerrang have such poor audio quality that I would rather have my fingernail get caught in the seatbelt fabric...shudder...

I hope this apocalypse is a good one. It better be. I want fire and explosions; and I'll have no skimping on either.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I love it when people play with my hair :3

Being a dog must be awesome.
^ KERRANG?

And seriously, what is so surprising about DT getting on MTV2? They're a very successful band with lots of mainstream appeal.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
^ KERRANG?

And seriously, what is so surprising about DT getting on MTV2? They're a very successful band with lots of mainstream appeal.

Kerrang = mainstream British rock channel. IMO, the rock channel heirachy goes:

Rockworld > Scuzz > MTV2 > Kerrang

Imagine if Metal Hammer followed suit and had a channel? Rocksound have shows on Rockworld. Seriously, turn on Rockworld. They ONLY show live performances, and have some arse-rapingly good bands on there. Clutch, anyone? Queenadreena? Melvins?
Quote by monkfish_bandan
MTV2 sucks now, it used to be commercial-free and then they started showing adverts. The adverts were bearable, then they started showing Jamster adverts. Then they started showing adverts for rap music. Then MTV erased VH2. Then MTV2 became absolutely flooded with new Indie music; and even though I like a good bit of the ol' Indie once in a while, I'm sure I don't want a whole chart filled with it.

MTV...you suck. Someone had to say it. I've gone to Q and Kerrang. Why must you make me? Q only shows good music in the morning, and then taunts you with the idea of an FHM branded music-show. Boobies, you think, great. But none of it is music. Not music at all. And some songs on Kerrang have such poor audio quality that I would rather have my fingernail get caught in the seatbelt fabric...shudder...

I hope this apocalypse is a good one. It better be. I want fire and explosions; and I'll have no skimping on either.

agreed. and i used to watch daria on there too

i have never heard of rockworld though, i'll have to hunt it down.

one time, i went through mtv2, kerrang and scuzz and they were all playing mcr. i nearly died.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
agreed. and i used to watch daria on there too

i have never heard of rockworld though, i'll have to hunt it down.

one time, i went through mtv2, kerrang and scuzz and they were all playing mcr. i nearly died.

Sky channel 368. Also, link.
MTV2 showing good music that isn't just new indie crap? The apocalypse is definitely upon us.

To be honest the music channels are so crap nowadays that I only watch Classic FmTv every now and then and sometimes Rockworld. The rest are so bad it's not even funny, even VH1 sucks nowadays.
Quote by Aidy Damage

Imagine if Metal Hammer followed suit and had a channel? Rocksound have shows on Rockworld. Seriously, turn on Rockworld. They ONLY show live performances, and have some arse-rapingly good bands on there. Clutch, anyone? Queenadreena? Melvins?

I know what Kerrang is, I’m just very surprised at it being taken as an indicator of what good music is.
The actual MTV shows Mastodon a couple of times on their late night music videos (only time they play music anyway).
Same with [V]. They used to play good music. Then they changed but they had a show called Loco, which had good music on. But then they got rid of that and they made a new channel called Club [V], devoted to shit music and yet they still play that crap on the normal one.

And they have crap shows like Hip Hop Hold 'Em.
MTV2 is a no go for me these days, scuzz and kerrang are where its at even though rockworld has a few gems on there, like The Answer live.
Quote by Aidy Damage

+1 to you.
Clutch IS and ass-rapingly good band.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
If it's on MTV2, it isn't indie.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
God forbid a mainstream video station, trying to get viewers, will play what is popular in the mainstream currently.

that idea is ludicrous.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything