into metal, thats why an RG model, which one is more value for the money?

RG350mdx
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71826

rg350ex
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-350ex/66868 (changed)

in my eyes they both look awesome so please only comment on the hardware and versatility and reliablity
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Jul 31, 2007,
I got the Dx cause it looks like vai's jem :P
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Dx
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Both have the Edge III trem, which won't last. Don't buy any of those. If you want an RG with trem, look for guitars with Edge, Edge pro or lo-pro. The cheapest new RG with any of those is the 1570, but you might wanna try a used one, you could probably get one quite cheap.

If these are too expensive for you, get a hardtail RG, but if it's really the trem you're after, check out the S-series, with the ZR-trem. That one's good too.
Last edited by Mittani at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
into metal, thats why an RG model, which one is more value for the money?

RG350mdx
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71826

rg350ex
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-350ex/66868 (changed)

in my eyes they both look awesome so please only comment on the hardware and versatility and reliablity

If you class "having to replace the trem when it craps out" as "value for money" then they're both fine and dandy. If not you'd be better off saving up for a 1570.

They're both identical save for cosmetic differences.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you class "having to replace the trem when it craps out" as "value for money" then they're both fine and dandy. If not you'd be better off saving up for a 1570.

+1
even the 1570 has terrible pickups that will have to be replaced too......god i hate rg's
how much would a new trem be?and saving up is a no since ive been saving up for ages and i just want a kickass guitar, ive been waiting for too long
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
how much would a new trem be?and saving up is a no since ive been saving up for ages and i just want a kickass guitar, ive been waiting for too long

then dont buy an ibanez rg.....the low end ones have crap trems and even worse pickups....the high end ones still have bad pickups...ive owned 4 rg's 2 ''prestige''
2 dx models.....spend your money on something like a scehcter c-1 OFR....stomps an ibanez
...those edge trems are fine lol ive had mine for about a year and a half, Ive had to replace the springs but thats it.. I really dont see what those guys are on about, I wouldn't worry about that at all.. I mean over time you will prob have to have it balanced (unless you know a thing or 2 about that) but thats just what comes with having a floating trem..

I do get the pickup complaints tho but thats just life don't let stock pick-ups put you off buying a guitar tho lol.. just change them when you can!

But yeh both guitars are pretty much the same, dx is cooler tho
Quote by Mittani
Both have the Edge III trem, which won't last. Don't buy any of those. If you want an RG with trem, look for guitars with Edge, Edge pro or lo-pro. The cheapest new RG with any of those is the 1570, but you might wanna try a used one, you could probably get one quite cheap.

If these are too expensive for you, get a hartail RG, but if it's really the trem you're after, check out the S-series, with the ZR-trem. That one's good too.

+1

Quote by steven seagull

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by synth002
...those edge trems are fine lol ive had mine for about a year and a half, Ive had to replace the springs but thats it.. I really dont see what those guys are on about, I wouldn't worry about that at all..

well then you're an idiot. good day, sir.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i don't see why if it works for the guy he's an idiot man

if you HAVE to get those two, i'd say the MDX, just cause i think maple looks and feels better...that's the only difference between the two

if you're willing to stretch your budget to 450

the Schecter C-1 FR is nice, mahogany body 24 fret neck and duncan actives that actually clean up really really well, and have real nice distortion tones, plus the LFR on it is supposedly pretty good for a licensed floyd
^ well, he's willing to ignore the general consensus on it, he's only had it for a year and a half, by his own admission, and he's advising other people that the detractors are scare mongers.

The knife edges on my lo-trs (forerunner of the edge III) are shot to hell, basically. Am I scaremongering? No, I don't want anyone else to have an otherwise good guitar blighted with a crap trem which WILL, more likely than not, wear out.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And I quote the amazing site of Ibanez LFRs:

You will find this machine most often on 3x0 series, and lately just about everything else under the Prestige mark that Ibanez makes. This trem is ****e, because it looks okay, and feels great, looks like an updated LoPro, but is made out of an arcane mix of putty and tinfoil. Heavy whammy users report life expectancy of about three months, after which the trem becomes useless due to tuning incontinence. Edge IIIs frequently break, crumble, fall apart in ways. You should only buy a guitar with one if you are ready to do work on the machine and replace it in the future. If not, save up for a Prestige, it'll cost you less in the long run. Allegedly the EIII swaps with an original Floyd Rose.
Pros: works while it lasts, might be swapped with an OFR
Cons: manufacture quality is not there

http://lawl.net/gtr/trems
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you're sticking to RGs, just go with any RG with a model number over 500 (go used if you must)
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ well, he's willing to ignore the general consensus on it, he's only had it for a year and a half, by his own admission, and he's advising other people that the detractors are scare mongers.

hey man its not my fault is 90% of people just repeat what they've herd without any real experience.. .. you have fair enuff, I havnt had many real probs with mine so far just going on my experience..
Quote by synth002
hey man its not my fault is 90% of people just repeat what they've herd without any real experience.. .. you have fair enuff, I havnt had many real probs with mine so far just going on my experience..
90% of people? More like 30%, if that.

I had the joy of using a year old RG350DX. I couldn't get it in tune. After about 10 minutes of tuning, I divebombed and it came back about a whole step down all across the board. Putty would be the best way of describing it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
60% of people who post threads about problems with a guitar (especially the trem)...are using an ibanez....coincidince?
Yeah, a lot of Ibanez's do have bad trems, the Edge 3 is a bad system.

Lucky for me I have an Ibanez Prestige with an Edge Pro.

Sucks to you, low end ibanez users!
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
Quote by Kellycaster
Yeah, a lot of Ibanez's do have bad trems, the Edge 3 is a bad system.

Lucky for me I have an Ibanez Prestige with an Edge Pro.

Sucks to you, low end ibanez users!

what sucks is that ibanez will put faulty trem systems on there guitars in the first place.....ibanez can go to hell, ill never give that company another penny
So basicly switch out the trem and the pickups and you got a so-so guitar. Man listen to these people don't get a low end rg. get a jackson, schecter, even the 1570 if you just have to have an ibanez.
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Well everyone likes to make a bit of cash out of noobs. If they put good trems on all their guitars the prices would rise, and Mr. Ibanez qould find himself a bit out of pocket.

(By the way, I know the owner of the company is not called Mr. Ibanez )
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
i traded my ibanez 7321 for a agile interceptor and my 370dx for a schecter omen 6....and the LRR on the agile is wayyyyyyy better than an edge III...and the omen has better pups than the 370dx.....but the 370 has the worst pickups and the worst trem i have ever encountered....and i got both of those ibbys brand new
Yea dude, just get an RG1570 Prestige. Great Edge Pro trem, thin Wizard neck, cool mirage finish and not bad stock pickups. And you can always swap out the pickups for some DiMarzios or something and you have yourself a real keeper. Easily on par with more expensive guitars.

Either that or look around eBay for a used RG550. Wow.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG550-The-original-shred-king-560-570-470-770_W0QQitemZ180143409268QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-1989-RG550-w-Rare-Rosewood-Fingerboard_W0QQitemZ200134776704QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by Rahab
what sucks is that ibanez will put faulty trem systems on there guitars in the first place.....ibanez can go to hell, ill never give that company another penny

Every manufacturer puts crappy trems on their cheaper guitars, not just Ibanez...Jackson do it, ESP/LTD do it, Schecter *gasp* do it, Agile do it, Washburn do it (although I think there's are actually better than average), Dean do it, Fender do it...etc

They aren't "faulty", just crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Every manufacturer puts crappy trems on their cheaper guitars, not just Ibanez...Jackson do it, ESP/LTD do it, Schecter *gasp* do it, Agile do it, Washburn do it (although I think there's are actually better than average), Dean do it, Fender do it...etc

agreed....all the companies do....some more than others, the other companies cheap trems might be ok, but the ibanez trem is utterly worthless
Quote by synth002

my lo-trs (edge III precursor) knife edges are shredded to hell. I certainly wouldn't recommend an edge III unless I knew them to be vastly superior, and from everything i hear, they're a little better, but still not great.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull

+1

If everyone does it, there's not much the consumer can do.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?