So I'm looking to try out some new strings. Ever since I've started playing, I've been using Alice 0.40 strings.

What kind of strings would you recommend that give a bright crisp tone when playing slap/pop style and gives a nice warm tone when playing fingerstyle. Also strings that should last quite a while. I play about 3-5 days a week for up to 3 hours.

I'm thinking of either some ernie balls or some rotosounds but which one? Thanks.
Straight from the DR website:

Hi-beams: Highly flexible, musically bright (not harshly so), durable, long life. Lowdown: Bright, and easy to play.

Lo-riders: More depth of tone, stiffer than Beams, great for slapping/tapping, high end depth, accurate harmonics, durable, long life. Lowdown: Deeper tonality, great for slapping.

THose are the basic differences stated on the site.
Aren't Alice strings $7 a set eBay strings? You'll be amazed; any string would be better. Although I would recommed pretty much any stainless steel string. Nickel is for girly men. I guess nickelplated steel fits in the transvestite catagory.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I guess nickelplated steel fits in the transvestite catagory.

My name is Susan during the weekends.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
My name is Susan during the weekends.

But your Warwick Thumb deserves Stainless strings, friend.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Try some DR's. I'd say to decide between high beems or lo-riders check what kind of music you listen to and what type of tone you like. If you like in your face bright bass go hibeam if you like low rumblin bass go for lo-riders....just watch out cuz i bought some dr's and they taper at both the bridge side and the nut side....so i had to alter my action on every string to eliminate nasty fret buzz...if you know how to adjust ur action well enough though then don't worry about it.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I use DR strings, Hi-Beams to be exact. They are by far my favorite strings I've ever experienced. I put a new set on my bass the other day, and my two friends instantly turned around and told me my bass sounds amazing. Unfortunately I snapped the G string when I was putting it on. Wasn't paying attention, unfortunately.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
Damn dude, .40s? I'd break those in an hour.

I suggest DR Lo-Beams or GHS Boomers, both of which will having you groovin and booming crisp and powerful for a long while.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Alice strings here cost like 5$ for a whole set.

Thanks for the suggestions, gonna start hunting for them now.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
But my fingers don't!

Leave your body... become numb... and if a few hours you can run a truck over your calluses.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
DR lo-riders are your friend, or DR hi-beams. They are THE slap strings. (Marcus Miller uses them). They also last forever it ain't even funny.

Yeah, I have them, expensive though.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.