i was jamming on my buddy's guitar [a high end dean] and i was wanking on the whammy bar. it stayed in tune flawlessly, better than any guitar i own. i observed his floyd, and noticed not much difference between his and mine. i could definitely feel the difference, however. it seemed like his was a lot.....tighter? i guess you could say, which led me to beleive it was the springs or something....i dont know..im just wondering if changing the springs or adjusting something will help keep my floyd in tune better after wanking on it

thanks
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Putting in more springs would give it more tension and allow it to stay in tune better.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Some trems feel stiffer than others and such. And springs do add to that different feel.
Was his licensed as well as yours or is his original and yours is licensed. The original > licensed.
they're both licensed

Quote by Homer Simpson
Hmmm, what brand is yours? Because licensed means that they get to use some of the design from the original and the rest is probably different for each manufacturer. My jackson licensed is different then my other floyd. Both licensed.
not sure of the brand...but looks exactly the same as an original

Quote by Homer Simpson
They might look similar but they are most definetly different. Licensed cannot compare to an original
what makes the original so much better?

Quote by Homer Simpson
Because its the original design. Its how its supposed to be. Better locking, etc etc. Floyd lets other companies use the "over all" design to make a "kind of" floyd rose. Thats what we know as Licensed ones. They are basicaly 1/2 of a real floyd rose 1/2 manufacturers choice of how to do the rest.