I was looking around and I came across Lag guitars. I had seen ads for them in magazines but i had never actually found a place that sold them. I was wondering if anyone around here had any experience with them? I'm wondering what kind of trem is on the AF series, I've looked on the French, German and UK site and they all just say 'FR Type Tremelo'
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
They work like this, kinda like a 56k modem. You play ok for the first 10 minutes then everything you play starts coming out of the amp like 20 minutes later.
^ I should have expected some replies like that
I've never heard of them, but 'FR Type Tremelo' sounds to me like a poor quality Licensed Floyd Rose.
My local mom 'n' pop store has loads of them. They're decent quality + good spec for what you pay. Not sure about the trem though, I've only ever played the Hardtails...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I've never heard of them, but 'FR Type Tremelo' sounds to me like a poor quality Licensed Floyd Rose.

Yeah I was afraid of that
Quote by Chaosinborn
They work like this, kinda like a 56k modem. You play ok for the first 10 minutes then everything you play starts coming out of the amp like 20 minutes later.

haha, awesome!

most of the lags i've tried have been quite nice for the cash, but i haven't tried any of the floydy ones, and to be honest i wouldn't trust them. Especially when an ibanez rg1570 or washburn x40pro has a known good trem for a similar outlay...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
These were recommended on Kerrang radio, but they will advertise anything for cash. Have you looked for any reviews?
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Played one before in store was real nice!... check reviews at harmonycentral.com

I dont see why the trem would be crap..
I dont trust reviews on sites, they are stupid because they can go from "Worst guitar ive played in my life" to "the best damn thing in the universe!!"
Quote by Chaosinborn
I dont trust reviews on sites, they are stupid because they can go from "Worst guitar ive played in my life" to "the best damn thing in the universe!!"

Yeh thats true man, what realy pisses me off is when people bitch because the actions wrong or summit like that I mean jesus if you brought a car and seats were to far forward for you it wouldnt mean the car sucked!!! I would never buy a guitar expecting it to randomly be setup to my spec's that just ****in stupid!

lol sorry that really gets to me.. but yeh harmony central is prob the best review site, you can usually pick out the reviews to be taken seriously..
Quote by GNR4EVER
I was wondering if anyone around here had any experience with them?

They're very Ibanez-ish; the neck profile is thin and they tend to come with high output pickups, if I could afford a top-of-the-range LAG I'd buy one in a second but that's an awful lot of money.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
the lag acoustics are f**kin AWESOME. i swear they play and sound better than my mates £500 martin!