I'm in the market for a new guitar and in need(volume knob is skrewed up on my current Ibanez RG170) I have narrwoed down my choices and can't decide on which one i should get...

Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter Blackjack
ESP F-400
ESP MH-400
ESP EX400

I'm mostly looking at active pick-ups and set-in necks. What would other guitarist choose and are there any recommendations or similar guitars within the $500-$750 price range...New guitar fund=$250
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
I'd get / I am getting the EX 400 lol. Other ones I like out of your choices are the MH 400 and the Schecter Hellraiser
deffinately the hellraiser.. and the volume knob thing can probably be fixed:P if you dont want it ill be happy to take it
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
get a hellraiser i guess, thats my vote, but look into jacksons aswell
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
You can look around used through eBay or Craigslist, but be prepared to be patient. I never expected to get my hands on my SLSMG... for $450 USD.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
schecter > ESP
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
I love those Schecter > ESP and ESP > Schecter posts. Considering both companies are owned by the same parent company and both companies' guitars roll out of the same Samick factories (and assembly lines) in Korea, that's more of a matter of personal preference than quantifyable fact.

To the TS - in the end, I think all of those guitars are great choices and are all on exactly the same level in terms of quality. Really, it's a matter of picking which feels and sounds best to you. In terms of which is better, they're all equals. What matters is which is better for YOU.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
I love those Schecter > ESP and ESP > Schecter posts. Considering both companies are owned by the same parent company and both companies' guitars roll out of the same Samick factories (and assembly lines) in Korea, that's more of a matter of personal preference than quantifyable fact.

To the TS - in the end, I think all of those guitars are great choices and are all on exactly the same level in terms of quality. Really, it's a matter of picking which feels and sounds best to you. In terms of which is better, they're all equals. What matters is which is better for YOU.

not when you add in pricing and features brother...
keeley tube screamer
Well, pricing and features aside here... Ic terms of quality and construction, all those guitars are pretty much on par. Which guitar is right for the person buying it depends on what they want (pickup types, bridge type, etc).

I personally lean towards LTD because I tend to like the EX and F series. However, I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice Schecter either. In the end, it's all about preference and need in terms of features.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Quote by Crunchmeister
Well, pricing and features aside here... Ic terms of quality and construction, all those guitars are pretty much on par. Which guitar is right for the person buying it depends on what they want (pickup types, bridge type, etc).

I personally lean towards LTD because I tend to like the EX and F series. However, I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice Schecter either. In the end, it's all about preference and need in terms of features.

for sure, i think we are on the same page. you have to admit though, until schecter gained recent popularity, they were offering extremely low priced amazing guitars. 5 years ago when everyone was still riding kirk Hammett's dick, ESP's were significantly overpriced when compared to its sister companies.
keeley tube screamer
You bet. In 100% agreement there.

Quote by Crunchmeister
You bet. In 100% agreement there.

oh canada. nice rig by the way
keeley tube screamer
schecter ftw
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Schecter FTW! Go with the hellraiser, it has the coil-tapping EMGs, and ultra-access set neck construction. Kinda thinking of getting a hellraiser myself, still not sure.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
I also like Schecter, never played on one though, but the specs are nice and they are generally better priced than the ESP's of the same quality.
or for $4 you could buy yourself a new volume pot
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
These arent ESP guitars. Please call them by their proper name. Say ESP LTD or just LTD. Thanks.

On topic: I personally like the LTD MH400 best. The explorer shape is ****ed up, and the F shape is totally bollocks. I never liked Schecter guitars, but If you like them, the Blackjack is the better guitar of the 2 Schecters imo.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl