ok please tell me if you think the peavy classic 30 tube amp has nice cleans, and a good distortion sound.please only post if you have played one before or own one.

for the cleans ill be playing rhcp cleans, hendrix cleans, and it has to be a lil funky too
for the distortion ill need something along the lines of rock/heavy rock.

if this amp isnt right for those stuff, feel free to recomend anything with

Good/Funky Cleans AND A Good Distortion

my price range is like the price of this amp

thanks.(and sorry for alot of questions here lately about amps, im a hassle i know..)
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I personally think it has great cleans, very warm. Ive spent about 2 hours maybe 3 hours with it in guitar center and have pretty much decided on getting either the classic 30 or delta blues(same circuitry), just either in a 210 or 115 combo. If you want heavy rock like zeppelin, its pretty awesome for that sound. I also played a Traynor YCV40WR and YCV50 blue, which both the traynors have a bright switch for the cleans, which the peavey doesnt. however, to me, the overdrive was smoother on the classic than the traynor. But the traynors definitely have more gain, so thats the tradeoff.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
do you think it will handle a little funk?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Most definitely.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I was able to test out the classic 30 in our local shop and I think it would fit your styles very well, nice cleans, not sparkly like Fender but a bit more low end which I liked. Also the OD is very nice should have no problem with classic rock and with pedals it should be bale to handle the heavier stuff.

Edit: I do believe it should handle the "FUNK"
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
dont mean to jack this thread but it could help both me and the thread starter. Would the delta blues 210 or 115 be a better buy than the classic 30 112 combo? Im pretty sure the delta blues has the same circuitry, just has a tremelo effect on it as well. would the 210 sound louder to the humas ear than a 112 if they are both 30 watts?
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
I was actually wondering the same thing, I actually plan to try out the delta blues this week.

As for 2x10 and 1x15, i've heard people say that the 1x15 sounded better than the 2x10 but I don't know if that's true.

As for volume i'm not sure, however I imagine with a 2x10 the sound would be more spread out.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I played a classic 30 at the guitar store near me for about an hour and i was thoroughly impressed with it. The cleans we're on par with my Blues Junior, and the overdrive was fantastic too. I also played it through an OCD, and it was a fantastic combo. Sounds like the perfect amp for hendrix and RHCP.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
how heavy rock?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Classic 30 is going to be just about the best you're going to do in that budget range. There are amps that'll have better cleans (Fender Hot Rod) or better gain (Crate V32) but the Peavey is a nice middle of the road amp that'll do everything pretty well. I don't know if you have access to Traynors or Laneys by you, but they'd be worth looking into as well.

As for the Delta Blues questions, just let me say that it might be my favorite amp in that price range. It's different that the Classic 30. It sounds almost like a Vox AC30 (extremely high priase from me). I absolutely prefer the 115 model. The 10's sound punchier, but something about how the midrange tones of a guitar travel across the 15" speaker, that single speaker manages to sound more "full" than a pair of 10's. And I say that as the owner of a 2x10 cab, and a big fan.

The Delta Blues is also a worthwhile amp for the thread starter. It'll do funk very nicely, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I own a Peavey C30, and it will treat fantastically. Really brilliantly...as long as you purchase a Tube Tamer, prevents tube rattle. Tom's Tube Tamer...
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOMS-TUBE-TAMER-For-Peavey-Delta-Blues-Classic-30_W0QQitemZ250149827167QQihZ015QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I highly recommend the amp, it will treat you rather nicely. The only issue is tube-rattle, but that's a small problem...easily fixed.
anyone else got opinions about this amp?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by slatsmania
The Classic 30 is going to be just about the best you're going to do in that budget range. There are amps that'll have better cleans (Fender Hot Rod) or better gain (Crate V32) but the Peavey is a nice middle of the road amp that'll do everything pretty well. I don't know if you have access to Traynors or Laneys by you, but they'd be worth looking into as well.

As for the Delta Blues questions, just let me say that it might be my favorite amp in that price range. It's different that the Classic 30. It sounds almost like a Vox AC30 (extremely high priase from me). I absolutely prefer the 115 model. The 10's sound punchier, but something about how the midrange tones of a guitar travel across the 15" speaker, that single speaker manages to sound more "full" than a pair of 10's. And I say that as the owner of a 2x10 cab, and a big fan.

The Delta Blues is also a worthwhile amp for the thread starter. It'll do funk very nicely, too.
+1

This guy is a genius.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Not sure how much a Laney VC is, can't remember off the top of my head, but they're great amps. Pretty much anything that has Laney on the front that has tubes is going to be a kickass amp, tbh
Aii, its a sweet amp, and one of the, maybe the best amp suited for your tastes in that price range.

It has really nice cleans, as everyone else says, its no fender, it isnt as chimey/sparkley, but it is warm, and the OD is much better than a fender's (IMO of course), and when you start to crank it abit more it gets sweet natural overdrive, perfect for rock/classic rock, and can even push for abit more, with an OD in front boosting it even more...superb.

It will handle funk quite easily