Page 1 of 2
Skins is back on people, 21st of august, cant wait the last series was great, espescially the ending.

What did you think of it?

BTW, probably only UK people know of it.
excellent!! i friggin love it! thats a date to note down.
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
I thought it was meh to be honest.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I watched it. Was ok, I did lol a lot at the end of the last episode though! It was just plain weird that he was singing after he had just been hit by a bus and was lying in the gutter seemingly dead.

EDIT: To the thread starter: did you get the idea to start this thread from the south park thread?
I thought this was going to be about potato skins.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Death_switch
I watched it. Was ok, I did lol a lot at the end of the last episode though! It was just plain weird that he was singing after he had just been hit by a bus and was lying in the gutter seemingly dead.

EDIT: To the thread starter: did you get the idea to start this thread from the south park thread?

LOL that was funny because they were all just like looking in mirrors singing and stuff, then the end happend and i was like

And no i didnt get it from the south park thread, never been in it. How does south park link with Skins?

ooo yea and i dont reckon hes dead, what does everyone else think?
he's dead, I can tell you hit by a bus on your phone saying your a total twatter, you have just got to be dead
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by Guitar_picker36

And no i didnt get it from the south park thread, never been in it. How does south park link with Skins?

The guy who started the South Park thread looks just like Sid.

Sid's dad is by far the best character.

"Sod, you sidding idiot!"

"I've got proof, he's not gay!"
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I'll be ignorant and say what I have seen of it, it's not my sort of thing. It doesn't look funny or original, just a strange cash in.

"Brilliant, another 3 months of Scene kids running around raving about how much of a masterpiece it is. Can't bloody wait."

Took the words out of my mouth.

Anyone for Peep Show?
how bout flight of the choncords?
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
OMG wow he does look quite like him, Ive seen a few sid lookalikes actually.

And the guy that got run over- i dont think he is dead, cos come on he was the star of the show, i doubt they would kill him off in the frist series, but mabye...

Anyways i think its funny, lol teenage humor i guess.

shameless was also good, same producer as skins i think.
That's a pretty good series...shame I'm gonna be on a damn plane when it starts!

Actually, the holiday sounds good....Still, I'm gonna have to figure out a way to watch stuff like this and Scrubs when I'm away
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
I thought this theard was going to be about skinheads.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Skins was a bit shit. And by "bit" I mean "very".
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Why dont they just make another fucking series of shameless instead.

Skins is ****.
Quote by Jackolas
I'll be ignorant and say what I have seen of it, it's not my sort of thing. It doesn't look funny or original, just a strange cash in.

"Brilliant, another 3 months of Scene kids running around raving about how much of a masterpiece it is. Can't bloody wait."

Took the words out of my mouth.

Anyone for Peep Show?

Skins was okay nothing special. They werent particularly good actors, there wasnt a particularly good storyline; it was very "meh".

Peep Show, on the other hand, is genius.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Skins was okay nothing special. They werent particularly good actors, there wasnt a particularly good storyline; it was very "meh".

Peep Show, on the other hand, is genius.

Its unfortunate that peep show is the only good thing Mitchell and Webb have ever really done.
Quote by DanRev
Its unfortunate that peep show is the only good thing Mitchell and Webb have ever really done.

Yeah, those Apple adverts were especially crap. I dread to think what that film is going to be like...
It was a bit hit and miss for me. I liked it but there was nothing that 'made' me want to watch the next episode (apart form the whole Sid cassie thing, which was v predictable anyways)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Thankfully Mock the Week always used to be on the same time.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by DanRev

They had a few good sketches on their own show but I HATED the ****ing laughter track on the show, awful.

David is also extremely good on any panel show and makes it 10x funnier. I haven't seen Magicians but I doubt it'll be as good as Peep Show.

New series of Peep Show is being worked on anyway, it STILL remains a cult classic and I am amazed and highly pleased it's not been dumbed down yet.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Thankfully Mock the Week always used to be on the same time.

Best panel show ever - actually very, very good. Always.
I was disinclined to watch it at first, due to the aforementioned scene kid issue. However, I watched the last couple of episodes and found it very entertaining and quite funny at times. It's also weird how that guy was the little fat, geeky kid in About A Boy.
Quote by Jackolas
They had a few good sketches on their own show but I HATED the ****ing laughter track on the show, awful.

David is also extremely good on any panel show and makes it 10x funnier. I haven't seen Magicians but I doubt it'll be as good as Peep Show.

New series of Peep Show is being worked on anyway, it STILL remains a cult classic and I am amazed and highly pleased it's not been dumbed down yet.

The last series started to get alot of popularity, and with their more mainstream appearances recently the dumbing down may well be a possibility. Not to mention the majority of the comedy community think they're whores.

As much as I hate name dropping oh so alternative indie kids, I begin to sound like one when I say that a hell of a lot of shows were better when less people liked them. Like Shameless for example, the last series was good but nowhere near as good as the previous ones, which were overlooked by most people.
Quote by Jackolas
Best panel show ever - actually very, very good. Always.

Unlilke these crappy new ones, like Would i Lie to you? *shudders*
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by DanRev

Because they didn't write Peep Show.

And I watched the last series of Skins. It had a few alright episodes but some of the characters/acting was shit.
Quote by DanRev
The last series started to get alot of popularity, and with their more mainstream appearances recently the dumbing down may well be a possibility. Not to mention the majority of the comedy community think they're whores.

As much as I hate name dropping oh so alternative indie kids, I begin to sound like one when I say that a hell of a lot of shows were better when less people liked them. Like Shameless for example, the last series was good but nowhere near as good as the previous ones, which were overlooked by most people.

Totally agree mate. Don't want to sound like a pretensious little ****er but I usually like thing's before they get big, happened with Shameless. I stopped watching it once the last series was released, it got alot worse and I couldn't deal with the scene kid issue.

I thought the last Peep Show series was totally "for the win" but I think the series has got less "dark". Not a bad thing as such, the humour on the last series was great. I love them all.
I will still watch the new series of shameless when it comes out in JANUARY (for ****s sake), too many characters are leaving though (Lip and a few others).

And yeah, I liked the latest series of peep show too.

Oh and the best panel show of all time is never mind the buzzcocks. Not as consistant as Mock the week, but buzzcocks has bigger laughs when they do happen.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mBVOD5_zvwc

its great though "wow tony, bummer, looks like youve pissed yourself"

lol

and to the person that said about "about a boy" it is weird that its him, he looks well different!.

lmao and these are just plain weird

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5-opi8Unz3Y
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7TZu9YlUk&mode=related&search=

ending

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Cts0EUHW4W4
In all fairness to those of you who dislike skins: Cassie.

I'd hit it a pregnant daughter.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by Guitar_picker36
Skins is back on people, 21st of august, cant wait the last series was great, espescially the ending.

What did you think of it?

BTW, probably only UK people know of it.

Gee you think?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Page 1 of 2