*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
What kind of music do you play?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Rhcp and some metal
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
I dunno, mean i want something like the 5150 but it doesnt mean do suit and Hillel Slovak of Frusciante
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
absolutely ebay.. you'll be able to get a lot more 2nd hand

Marshall DSL, JCM800
Peavey 5150/6505
Soldano SLO100 (if you're a bit lucky)

depending on where you live:
Laney VH100R or GH50L
almost any Engl (except Fireball probably)
any Hughes & Kettner

EDIT: I don't know if Diezels are a lot cheaper near you than here.. but maybe you could try that
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
What about the fender metal man? it seems super versitial and the distortion is suposed one of the best with fender clean =D
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
for 1500 bucks I'd definitely get a tube amp.. there are loads to be found for that price. Besides from what I've heard the Fender Metal Head ain't that good. If you want to go Fender then try a Supersonic.. I've heard mixed things about it but haven't played it myself yet. If you wait till friday I can give you my personal opinion about it.. the combo version is over at my shop and I'll be there Friday for my guitar lessons

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
if you want that chili peppers tone, then a marshall is your best bet. try a jcm 800 or dsl. they have just the right amount of gain for that situation, but they won't have much of a clean. that could be your problem with the 5150 too.

engl's are hands-down the most versatile amps around. go to their website and check out their stuff. you should be able to find their stuff on ebay. they range from super high gain to classic tone.

engl's also have the best clean tone of any amp i have ever played on.
^the DSLs cleans are pretty nice from what I've heard of it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MeJ98sY0VCA
to me, these are pretty nice cleans.. they're not like Fender of course but a Fender just won't do your high gain stuff.. well except maybe for the Supersonic like I said.

but yeah what metallifan1 says.. Engl is great, so is Hughes & Kettner and all the other brands I said.
BTW my amp is the same as the Laney VH100R but then as a 50 watt combo. I can tell you, it sounds very good even at low volumes and it will do about anything you throw at it, channel A is Fender like and Channel B is crunch to high gain.. all in great quality and the effect loop system offers tons of possibilities

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a Mesa F-100 Head I'd be willing to sell for $850.

New powertubes and a fuse put it back in commission.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Lauke_101
^the DSLs cleans are pretty nice from what I've heard of it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MeJ98sY0VCA
to me, these are pretty nice cleans.. they're not like Fender of course but a Fender just won't do your high gain stuff.. well except maybe for the Supersonic like I said.

but yeah what metallifan1 says.. Engl is great, so is Hughes & Kettner and all the other brands I said.
BTW my amp is the same as the Laney VH100R but then as a 50 watt combo. I can tell you, it sounds very good even at low volumes and it will do about anything you throw at it, channel A is Fender like and Channel B is crunch to high gain.. all in great quality and the effect loop system offers tons of possibilities

Touché (Toshay!) on the VC50, m'lad. I don't find it to be that good for chili peppers though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'm confident you could find a sweet Mesa combo for $1500. The Mesa Express 5:50 probably falls in that budget. You do better used.

Why a halfstack?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Khoshaba
What about the fender metal man? it seems super versitial and the distortion is suposed one of the best with fender clean =D

Fender + metal = bad.

what kind of metal? is it really high gain hardcore stuff or what?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
5150 for RHCP?

man, these threads can be hilarious sometimes.

Mesa f-series, maybe?

how much metal, and how modern?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
5150 for RHCP?

man, these threads can be hilarious sometimes.

Mesa f-series, maybe?

how much metal, and how modern?

The F series is pretty versatile.

Low priced compared to the rest of the mesa's, not quite as much gain as the Rectifier series.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^

i just thought it was funny about the 5150. there were about 5 guys recommending it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

i just thought it was funny about the 5150. there were about 5 guys recommending it.

it's because they're all like Jman- hear it in one thread, take it to another, regardless of genre, price or situation changes
If the metal isn't AMAZINGLY heavy such as metalcore kind of stuff, i'd suggest a JCM800
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Dave_Mc
^

Hah, yeah, no one has brought anything else to the table.

I'll throw the Flextone III idea out there, great amp, very versatile, no need for pedals.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^^ + ^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

i recommended it before i read that he wanted the RHCP tone. it would be horrible in that situation.
ah, ok, yeah, to be fair he didn't mention that in his first post.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Khoshaba

Honestly the worst amp i have EVER heard, i heard Malmsteen using one at a Fender showcase and it was horrible. Besides, you don't want anything too darkly voiced if you're going to be playing chillis. I'd look into the Peavey JSX. If you're willing to go with a combo instead of a half stack you should be able to get a Mesa, maybe a Rectoverb
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
Honestly the worst amp i have EVER heard, i heard Malmsteen using one at a Fender showcase and it was horrible. Besides, you don't want anything too darkly voiced if you're going to be playing chillis. I'd look into the Peavey JSX. If you're willing to go with a combo instead of a half stack you should be able to get a Mesa, maybe a Rectoverb

+10000000000000000 on JSX
Marshall JCM 800
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I'm confident you could find a sweet Mesa combo for $1500. The Mesa Express 5:50 probably falls in that budget.

+1

If you want one with more Marshall-y tones, you could consider the Express 5:25 combo.
Mesa Mark IV Combo would be my choice if I were in your situation.

And No, you do not *need* a halfstack to sound good. For your budget your much better going for a combo that will be loud enough for any reason you would need it.
get a used jcm 2000 tsl 100...and a cab packed with some good ol celestions...well thats what i'd get
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
^ Dsl > Tsl
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

^
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I haven't seen this many since someone posted a Marshall MG's suck thread.

You can get a Mesa Halfstack for $1,500 easily.

My head and B-52 4x12 2 years ago was $1,200. I wish I would have bought a better cabinet though (lets just add $200 more to the price and viola, excellent rig for $1,400)

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Im pretty sure im going to buy a single rec halfstack for $1,500 CND or cheaper so you should do some looking around at used stuff
Quote by metallifan1
the dsl is better that the tsl, BUT the tsl has a mid-gain channel.

so does the dsl (and a better one), just it's not footswitchable (which is crap)...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by metallifan1
the dsl is better that the tsl, BUT the tsl has a mid-gain channel.

But with that budget you could get MUCH better than a DSL (IMO). If it's marshall you want it has to be the JVM although i don't know what they go for over there so i'm not sure if it would be in your budget....Although a Vintage Modern would be sweet too
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
^I've played the Vintage Modern in my shop and you really have to turn it up LOUD for it to sound good.. I don't know what you're going to do with your halfstack but you can forget playing at home.. unless you have a soundroom like in a studio

I've heard some mixed things about the JVM.. I've read some very positive reviews in magazines but on the internet I regularly read the distortion sounds a bit disappointing. I also find it remarkable that there already are several JVM for sale 2nd hand over here..

EDIT:
Quote by timi_hendrix
Touché (Toshay!) on the VC50, m'lad. I don't find it to be that good for chili peppers though.

I easily get the tone on Under The Bridge, Can't Stop, Hump De Bump, Californication, Apache Rose Peacock and more with my VC50. Tooshay too you

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by Lauke_101 at Aug 1, 2007,
i played two yesterday(JVM) and liked em but not for the price tag they are at.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Page 1 of 2