Ok, so as anybody who has read any of my posts already knows, im thinking about buying a new guitar in the relatively near-ish future. im going for a good blues/classic rock sound and maybe even some country stuff. so im looking particularly at strats and tele's. maybe some other guitar, if it gets the sounds i want, but as of now, strats and tele's.

but anyways, heres the question. squier has a deluxe line and vintage modified line of guitars. ive played a couple and they sound rly good, and play really good. especially for the price. but lets face it, a fender deluxe players strat is jsut better. its also just more expensive by like 300$. i plan on playing guitar for the rest of my life, but i dont rly plan on being into any big band sort of things. but should i buy the squier and use it for several years, and then get the fender. or should i save up and dive straight into the deluxe fender
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
id look into a used highway one fender. tele or strat. GREAT quality and the price is right! bite the bullet and save up. you owe it to yourself!
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
I'd go for the Tele. If you can find a Classic Players Baja Telecaster, jump on it - it's a Mexican made guitar with a pricetag to match but it rivals the USA Teles in terms of quality and beats them in terms of hardware. Just go with the Fender - you won't regret it. They'll be noticably better than Squiers.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
oh, and if you do get a tele....butterscotch blonde ... just for me
keeley tube screamer
id go with the fender u could always buy it used if you want to same money....i bought an american fender strat used and i have no regrets
FRO POWER!!!
Quote by 96' FenderStrat
id go with the fender u could always buy it used if you want to same money....i bought an american fender strat used and i have no regrets

let me guess, a 96?
keeley tube screamer