two of my favorite bands are Tool and Coheed and Cambria but i just cant put them in a genre..i would say Tool kind of sounds like grundge or underground metal? idk and Coheed is like some kind of melodic metal i guess..idk
Btw i couldnt find any other thread to ask this so dont get to pissed off at me but im 14, been playing guitar for about 2 weeks and does anyone have any tabs to any simple easy songs, im getting bored playing 46+2 and aerials (soad)..
Tool is progressive metal in my opinion. Coheed to me seems like hard rock more than metal.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
tool is metal, coheed is not metal...but like idk lol
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK

Tool are progressive rock.
Coheed & Cambria are progressive pop-rock.

Nothing metal about either of them.
OR HARDCORE
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I personally say Tool are prog metal, but dunc above is a far bigger fan then me..
Coheed are prog rock imo
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
neither of these bands belong in the hardcore forum, there is nothing about either of them that is hardcore.
Quote by SadistNation
neither of these bands belong in the hardcore forum, there is nothing about either of them that is hardcore.

psh, when i think of hardcore the first thing that pops in my head is coheed's girly scream.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

^^ oh, my appologies, because that is SO TRUE!!! Like oh my god, his bitch yells are like the Sh*t! It's totally HxC to the MAX!!
Not Hardcore

so

/thread
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
yea i was thinking coheed was prog rock but then i've heard about..25-30 of their songs a nd they do sound like some kind of metal..but they kinda sound like pop too and Tool i would agree with prog metal definetely, thanks.