Me and 3 friends made a band called death upon temptation, we are really struggling to find a singer what should we be looking for? thers only one of us who can sing and thats me 'cept i play lead and cant sing and do solos at the same time help we need a singer!!
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
you dont have to sing and solo at the same time, most bands dont sing over solos
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Yes you can xD , just practice a lot.. looks better to sing and play
i guess your right

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
i reely wana play lead but weve got a rythm as well so isnt that a bit harsh on the rythm dude even tho hes crap and treats me like ****

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
well if ur serious about band stuff, if you cant get something done right do it yourself
singing and playing is one of the best way's to get better at being a musician....with singing practice you get a better ear for pitch and singing and playing at the same time makes your brain split melodies and rythms and is very rewarding......just make sure u have the lyrics written out infront of you when you learn it'll save your brain an overload
well, my band is a 3 peice as well. As of right now, Im doing all of the singer and guitar player. Yeah, solos dont really work with just 3 guitarists. We are still looking for a singer, becuase solos are fun. Anyway, try what we are doing. Just have solos on the albums and then live just play the backing tracks, unless the solo sounds good with only bass and drums backing it, which can happen. What i think you should do is just experiment playing yoru style as a trio and eventually it will form into something that will work.

EDIT:

"i reely wana play lead but weve got a rythm as well so isnt that a bit harsh on the rythm dude even tho hes crap and treats me like ****"

i didnt see taht you said that...with that...kick him out, if he treats you like ****, ditch him, it will just cause problems in the future. Ive been in bands for 4 years..which is nothing to some people hear at UG, but more then most..lol. Not to toot my own horn or anything..lol
Last edited by gravensuicide at Aug 1, 2007,