Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
Block letter 5150s are usually considered to be best.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Same thing dude. Eddie left and took the 5150 name with him. Peavey changed it to the 6505. The only thing thats different is the badge on the front.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
^ they have the exactly the same schematic...
They're the same, but the block letter 5150's are more sought-after as they're the 1st generation ones (therefore rarer)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
^ they have the exactly the same schematic...
They're the same, but the block letter 5150's are more sought-after as they're the 1st generation ones (therefore rarer)

The only difference between block letter and non block letter ones is they came with better stock tubes, I see more block letter 5150s for sale than i do non block letter.

5150 and 6505 are the exact same thing

5150 II and 6505+ are the same exact thing
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The only difference between block letter and non block letter ones is they came with better stock tubes, I see more block letter 5150s for sale than i do non block letter.

Ah right okay, cheers for that, never knew they changed the valves, but I know the schematic stayed the same
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
They are the EXACT same amp. The schematics remained the same. The only thing that changed was the name of the amp. Eddie owns the rights to the "5150" Trademark. After he left peavey, he took the rights with him. So, they turned around and slapped 6505 on the front, which represents their 65th anniversary '05. Atleast, I think that's what it is.

The 5150 does sound a bit different than the 5150 II, cleans mainly. And the 6505 and 6505 + share the same differences. However, 5150=6505 and 5150 II = 6505+

Also, the block letter scheme is completely gibberish. The only difference between the original run of the mill "Block letter" 5150 heads was that they were shipped with different tubes from the factory which were slightly better quality. That's the only difference between the original block letter amps, and the signature series. Don't be fooled by any idiots on ebay claiming it's a "one of a kind" because it's a block letter. There is nothing "special" about them other than they're the oldest ones out there.
Last edited by Colony5150 at Aug 30, 2007,
This thread's a month old...

Don't post on old threads.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com