Would it be a bad idea to change the pickups on my Epi Les Paul classic with a modeling amp?
Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quiltop
Line 6 Spider III 75W Combo (For Sale )
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 (For Sale

Looking for:
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
oh my god your other thread not good enough?
You... will... not... notice... a... difference...

If you do it would be VERY subtle

edit: you deleted your thread?? dammit
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
eh itll sound better but not by much best advice is get a new amp. it makes the most diff
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
How much money have you got?

1) Exploit someones weakness on eBay and make your Spider sound godly and sell it for like £10 less than RRP

2) Take all your money you got from the amp and the money you have for pups and buy a nice used one off of eBay.
Quote by slipknot6665
(with no thanks to Yngwi3)

Quote by slipknot6665
so stop being such a freakin pain yngwi3

Oh yeah thanks, I tell you the TRUTH and get moaned at, yeah that's always the way isn't it.
Did you even read my long post I took to great length writing in your other thread before you deleted it?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Judging by your name and avatar.. You most likely play metal, so in that case with those 2 bands.. EMGs are perfect for you. On eBay a set of EMG's can go damn cheap at around $60 for a pair.

Don't have a go at Yngwi3 he's a good guy.. He's just being brutally honest hehe
Quote by Untitled001

Don't have a go at Yngwi3 he's a good guy.. He's just being brutally honest hehe

It's how I roll... if you can't take the truth then gtfo XD
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Yeah, yeah I know sorry Yngwi3 I'm just extremely stubborn. I probably will get a new amp. Idk how serious i am though, considering I haven't had this one that long (about 8 months). Its nice, but yeah I do need a nicer one, sorry for being a dick dude. It just annoys me I can't go anywhere on line about my amp without people arguing over how good it is.
Equipment:

Looking for:
Quote by slipknot6665
Yeah, yeah I know sorry Yngwi3 I'm just extremely stubborn.

Hehe, don't worry, I'll bet i'm more stubborn tbh XD no need to apologise, just being honest
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Thanks I'll check ebay for amps and pickups. I'll prob sell my amp for a better one.
Equipment:

Looking for:
If I saved up a lot does anyone think the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack Package is a good idea (heres the link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807)
Equipment:

Looking for:
Quote by slipknot6665
If I saved up a lot does anyone think the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack Package is a good idea (heres the link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807)

Good god no- the MG is TERRIBLE.

Basically for that money, you could get a good valve COMBO- you don't need a halfstack, don't look at them until you're into the £800-£900 upwards pricerange
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Ohh alright thanks, whats a good valve amp I could get somewhere between $300-$500 (£220-£365) at about 50+ watts? And again sorry for being a dick, you're a big help.
Equipment:

Looking for:
take a look at the laney lc and vc amps. i don't know if the 50 watters will fit into your price range but the 30 watts should and that will be loud enough for you (it will sound as loud as the MG halfstack, only it will also sound much better)

30 tube watts = roughly 75 solid state watts (there's very little volume difference between 75 watts and 100 watts)

EDIT: as the guy below says current exchange rate is $2 to the £ meaning you might even have to go to the 15w version of the lc or vc. that would be plenty for home, band practice, but only small gigs. if that doesn't sound good to you then maybe check out some of the better low-end modelling amps, roland cubes and vox valvetronix (the vox are really good i was going to get one until i realised i was able to raise my budget another £100) anyway google the laneys rolands and vox and see what you think, also look on youtube for a rough estimation of how they sound
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Jul 31, 2007,
Quote by slipknot6665
Ohh alright thanks, whats a good valve amp I could get somewhere between $300-$500 (£220-£365) at about 50+ watts? And again sorry for being a dick, you're a big help.

Apologies, I'm just pointing out $300-500 would actually be £150-250 at the current exchange rates.

EDIT: the guy above is right, try looking at laneys for that price. The LC15R and VC15-110 will both fit into that price range, and you may be able to find a used LC30 somewhere for around £250.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Ohh no problem lol the currency coverter i used must have been out dated.
Equipment:

Looking for:
Would 30 watts really be enough for a band practice because I play in a band? What about a Vox?Like an AD100VT?

EDIT: nevermind about the 30 watts because its tube. and thank you all for the advice. i'll look around or these amps.
Equipment:

Looking for:
Quote by slipknot6665
Would 30 watts really be enough for a band practice because I play in a band? What about a Vox?Like an AD100VT?

EDIT: nevermind about the 30 watts because its tube. and thank you all for the advice. i'll look around or these amps.

Vox isn't very high gain, it can do hard rock but not metal.
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
Okay do you think I should try and stick with the LC-30. I can probably save up for one. It'll really be loud enough?
Equipment:

Looking for:
there's the XL series which i haven't played, but there are some high gain clips around on youtube
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
alrigh i'll take a look thanks.
Equipment:

Looking for:
yeah, try waiting for the XL series- they're meant to be the Roland Cube killers
and YES the LC-30 WILL be loud enough- you only need 40watts valve MAXIMUM for gigging
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Good to know, thanks . I'll wait for the XL and look out for some nice LC-30 deals on ebay and craigslist. Thanks guys for all the help.
Equipment:

Looking for: