Hey, I'm Canadian and don't have much knowledge of sales taxes in America; and since I'm buying a guitar from Musciansfriend I'd like to figure out how much I'm really going to have to pay for it. I'm buying a american deluxe strat, 1,200 american; I'm shipping it to Maine so I can go across and pick it up (which will also be a fee to bring it acrossed, I'm sure). Anyways, just wondering what the tax on twelve hundred bucks american would be? is it 7%?
Yamaha AES620HB Semi-Hollow Electric,
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Nova "Strat Knockoff" Electric,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,
Nova "Shitty" 10 Watt Amp.
uhm, check and see if musiciansfriend charges tax to ship to maine. when you buy over the internet out of state, you dont get charged sales tax. and why not just have it shipped to canada?
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
Quote by DaveDaThrasha
uhm, check and see if musiciansfriend charges tax to ship to maine. when you buy over the internet out of state, you dont get charged sales tax. and why not just have it shipped to canada?

It doesn't ship to Canada. But seriously, there's no tax on that? If that's the case then I'd have a considerable larger amount of money to spend!
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,
it changes depending on the state and the county within the state. sales taxes are governed by state and local laws. a portion of the sales tax goes to your local government and that portion is set by local laws. another portion of sales tax goes to the state government and that portion is set by state laws. whether or not you will have to pay sales tax depends on where the guitar is coming from. if musciansfriend is shipping the guitar from Maine or has a physical office in Maine, you will have to pay whatever the sales tax is for the state. if musiciansfriend doesn't have any physical entities in Maine, i don't believe you will have to pay sales tax at all. anybody back this up? i'm not 100% certain.
I'm pretty sure there isn't Sales Tax from Musician's Friend... A friend and I have bought many things from it, shipped to Pennsylvania, and I don't think there was tax. I know on most orders over $99 the shipping is free too, so you probably would pay $1200 for that.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
That sounds pretty good, I'll just have to call customs to see how much it costs to bring it acrossed now. Thanks guys!
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,
just checked... you only have to pay sales tax with mf if you ship to Utah, Indiana, Missouri, and Washington.

EDIT: blast, they won't ship a strat to Canada.
Quote by jimtaka
just checked, you only have to pay sales tax with mf if you ship to Utah, Indiana, Missouri, and Washington. you realize that mf also ships most products to Canada.

Thanks, I saw that, however they don't ship fenders to canada by the looks of it, but you've been very helpful
Yamaha FG730S Acoustic,
Casio CTK-700 Keyboard,
Vox DA15 30 Watt Amp,