Hey, I just downloaded AdBlock Plus for firefox and it is simply amazing. No more of those "Hi, you just won a free ipod" voice ads anymore. It uses a database to block ads so they don't even load on the site you're viewing. I recommend you give it a shot. Just download and choose a region/country ad database.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
Hi!

Sig Retired.
YEs.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
I already have it and it works like a charm. No banner ads or anything.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by la bamba
Hey, I just downloaded AdBlock Plus for firefox and it is simply amazing. No more of those "Hi, you just won a free ipod" voice ads anymore. It uses a database to block ads so they don't even load on the site you're viewing. I recommend you give it a shot. Just download and choose a region/country ad database.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

that means most UG ads will be blocked, thus no one would advertise at UG, therefore UG loses money.
peanuts and beers
i have it and it doesn't work. FF is my default browser, and the pop up windows come in IE windows
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by guitarman015
i have it and it doesn't work. FF is my default browser, and the pop up windows come in IE windows

that's spyware, not ADs.
peanuts and beers
same problem guitarman,

so how do we get rid of this? :P
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Have you been living under a rock?

Please don't insult my of my family's livelihood. Thanks
Hi!

Sig Retired.
I love adblock for FF. But you have to be careful, you can block things like flash games.

Ad-ware> IE
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
to get rid of teh spyware, one needs a spyware detector/remover. like spybot S&D. and adblock is like the first add-ons i get whenever i install FF. it is teh win.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
i love adblock!, the only problem is it updates itself every 3 weeks or so, right when your doing ssomthing! , and then you have to restart your internet connection as it usally crashes. Well i do anyway. Other then that, magic.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I love this.

And about blocking flash games or whatever (like Pandora) just click on the button in the menu bar and select 'disable on this page only.'
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Infatuation
that's spyware, not ADs.

does FF have a spyware blocker?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Infatuation
that means most UG ads will be blocked, thus no one would advertise at UG, therefore UG loses money.

Are you implying that ad-blockers will completly ruin the internet?
Quote by guitarman015
does FF have a spyware blocker?

nope don't think so. This is for ads, not popups or anything. Right below UG.com for example

Quote by Infatuation

Self righteousness! I never even click the ads anyway.
Hi!

Sig Retired.