i just got a squier telecaster from my friend, and set up the action and the intonation for it and its all in tune but there's this buzz and i think i figured it out...when i bang the guitar(not ****ing wailing at it ofcourse) the neck rattles right around the neck plate and when i hold the neck right there it doesnt rattle...so i know this should be obvious to me, but whats wrong with it? or better yet how do i fix it? and are those screws actually attached to the neck? i know these questions all sound stupid, but i dont care about my reputation or w/e cause once i know i'll never have to ask again so please dont be a dick and answer my questions.
Last edited by maxrox92 at Jul 31, 2007,
Who plays with the guitar strings facing the floor? And i think you need to set the action a little higher.
um...someone who is trying to figure out what the **** is wrong with there guitar plays it in every direction and in every way to figure it out dip ****. and y do you think i need the action higher?
If you are talking about the screws in the neck plate they may be loose. Loosen up the strings and tighten it an see if it helps.
Quote by uldhppi
If you are talking about the screws in the neck plate they may be loose. Loosen up the strings and tighten it an see if it helps.

yea the screws in the neck plate...would they seem tight if the strings are tight? cause my first reaction was to tighten them, but they where tightened all the way...ofcourse i was using a hard screw driver to handle...it was unstable to hold. and thanks a lot for not being a dick dude. i thought i would instantley be called a retard or something like that...cause you know how ppl are on the internet.
Yeah they would feel tight. When you loosen the strings the neck joint will probably be loose. Let us hope the screw inserts (metal sleeves the screws screw into) are not stripped (or the screws.) They can also be replaced. Man you asked an honest question. Sorry I didn't answer you earlier. I couldn't resist the joke. I thought someone else would answer you soon. There aren't any stupid questions. I hope this helps.
Quote by uldhppi
Yeah they would feel tight. When you loosen the strings the neck joint will probably be loose. Let us hope the screw inserts (metal sleeves the screws screw into) are not stripped (or the screws.) They can also be replaced. Man you asked an honest question. Sorry I didn't answer you earlier. I couldn't resist the joke. I thought someone else would answer you soon. There aren't any stupid questions. I hope this helps.

yea man thanks. the joke was funny. though dont worry about it...i just restrung it and i tried tightenning it but it wouldnt really budge much...but i'll have someone look at it cause they'll know exactly what to look for...i dont want to **** up the neck cause thats the only reason i bought it. its really an awesome guitar. i play a lot of john frusciante's rhcp type stuff and i have a jackson pc3 with a humbucker in the bridge and the sc in the mid which has an allright tone but you cant beat the twang you get from a tele. i still love my jackson to death though. thanks a lot though. i now atleast have a better idea on whats going on.