Ok so I did some modding and I found a post on another forum where some posted the keeley mods for the Boss MT-2. As most everyone knows the MT-2 sounds overly thin and gives a very weak ton. But since then ive gotten a metal muff and love it, but I wanna mod my MT-2

While im pretty decent with soldering, I dont know to much about these resistors or whatever they are that are used. For example.

C37, C39, C17, C11 - Change to 1uf
C9, C42 - Change to .1uf
C20, C8 - Change to .22uf

I understand the first numbers, they are obviously locations, But im not sure what the 1uf, and .1uf are. Obviously they are the differnet resistances or whatever, but I dont know what these really are or where to get them...

I would hope that I would be able to get that kinda stuff at like a radio shack or something and not have to order them online... But any advice or anything would be great!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
actually uF are capacitors...just get 12v caps of that uF and you should be good to go---radioshack will have them.

EDIT: Or anything above 12---just avoid going over like 20ish..

Oh..and uF stands for micro-farad
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Last edited by HellBent1337 at Jul 31, 2007,
The number (1, .1, .22, etc.) is the capacitance of the capacitor, just the value. As for where to get them, it depends on what your local Radioshack has. Most near me only have some ceramic disc caps and electrolytics- not what you'd need. Check there, if they've got the right values in the right types, you're good. Otherwise you'll need to go online, to a place like Smallbear.

Oh yeah, and C denotes a capacitor. Resistors are R.
well i went to the online radioshack, but they dont have anything for under 35 volts, like the .22 for instance

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102517&cp=&pg=1&sr=1&retainProdsInSession=1&origkw=capacitor&kw=capacitor&numProdsPerPage=100&parentPage=search

35v is like the lowest radioshack goes, what kind of difference will that make?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
the only difference for you will be that they are much larger and might not fit properly onto the board
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
yeah, just like everyone said...its larger, but also more expensive...but the price difference vs s & h is probably better to buy them at radioshack
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by ItalianFish
yo yo yo , if anyones interested in an awesome zoom g2.1u guitar multi effects pedal for cheap i' selling one on ebay . pls have a look if ur interested! thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150146949876&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005

*waves bye*

Reported.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I really wanna know how this turns out. i tried modding my mt-2 a while back but it just made it sound more ****. id like to know how this mod sounds!
Just as long as they're over 16V you'll be fine. Voltage ratings don't necessarily mean massive sizes - I mean look at Mallory caps, what I use. They handle 630VAC and are pretty tiny.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
me too, lol but to be honest I found what to change on a random website that someone linked on another thread after searching around UG forums... meh it should be interesting im gonna run to radioshack in a few minuets.

Hopefully they will have what i need, and theres another radioshack...close..well closish
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
no updates on this yet?
:P i really wanna know how it turns out.