1 3%
get high end multi effects processor
5 17%
get a few stompboxes
23 79%
get old processor fixed
0 0%
Voters: 29.
my digitech rp80 effect processor just failed on me fo the second time and now im thinkin about a new processor or stomp boxes. all i really need is an over drive/distortion, a wah and a chorus or flanger. i mostly play metal and rock, but also some blues. i do have a pretty small budget. please give me your opinions and suggestions.
member of the fender armada. PM mr_hankey or hendriko to join

cuz fender is awxome its true
Go for single pedals, on a strict budget, I'd recommend Danelectro pedals, the ones named after food. A lot of people hate them, but I've never had trouble with mine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I recommend getting a multi-effect processor. I have the Digitech GNX4. I know that not everyone has $500 to spend on something like that, but it's ultimately worth it. I used a lot of single effect boxes in my time, and a lot are great, but at the end of the day I still wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted. Besides, if you think about it, you can easily rack up that kind of money (or more) buying several single effects anyway.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Quote by kradamek
all i really need is an over drive/distortion, a wah and a chorus or flanger.

I suggest you buy quality singles, one at a time, in the order in which you need them. You'll maximize your tone, and have effects that should last you a long, long time that way.

On a strict budget, you can look used. Check eBay, I've bought a number of pedals there.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Slats beat me to it. Buy used, but high quality single pedals one at a time.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
singles all the way. get the sansamp gt-2, bad monkey, vox v847 and the ehx small clone
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

dont fix the rp80, dont get a multi, dont get the dano's, save up for better quality, big name products (MXR, Dunlop, Rocktron, Boss, Digitech singles, Vox, Ianez higher priced, EHX, SansAmp) if you feel you HAVE to get a multi, go all the hell out and get the boss Me-50 or GT-8 (gt-8, imo, is better)
^big name does not equal good.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^big name does not equal good.

for example, BOSS
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Knives490
it means better quality and reliability (in most cases)

besides theyre my damn opinions, dont try to change them (I love my MG, so to each his own)

Your opinion is worth about as much as your MG. Which is nothing.

Dont think because it says boss or something does not mean it is good. Single effects are the way to go. Spend the money and get nice ones though even if it means getting one every few weeks or something. It is worth it.
Quote by Knives490
i know my opinion isnt worth anything, but what you said is the same thing i was implying

If he wants the best tone and quality, he shouldnt be heading for boss or digitech.
Quote by Knives490
it means better quality and reliability (in most cases)

besides theyre my damn opinions, dont try to change them (I love my MG, so to each his own)

Well, I didnt mean your opinion was wrong or right, i'm just pointing out that just b/c there is a famous name on something, that doesn't make it a good product. Your amp is, in my and many others opinion, a key example. I meant no personal offense, just that big names can put out crap equipment from time to time.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
The GT-8 is high quality and (IMO) is on par with several rack processors, but I feel it's overkill for what you're looking for. A few good singles will do the trick for you unless you feel like you'll want to expand to about 20 different effects.
I've gone from single stomp boxes to multieffects . So much easier . I had about 7 single pedals ... started to get out of hand . Had to much "buzz" and " feedback" issues . You have to put them in correct sequence etc ... to much of a hassel ... yeah and only having 2 legs sux when you want to combine effects.

So I've gone the multi effects ruite .... and never looked back .

First got a Digitech RP300 . Was a bad buy .... even though the sound isnt that bad .... but my only problem was I couldent jump from say effect 1 to effect 20 .... so I realized I needed a pedal that stores effects in "banks" ..... so got a Boss GT8 .... which is everything and more . This pedal is kinda as good as it gets for a floor unit .... if you want to go bigger and better then the rack mnt units are the best ... but not necessary and much more expensive .

I recon save up if you have to and get a Boss GT8 .
The best deal going right now is the GNX2. I see them seeing on eBay for $100 incl S&H. If you can get one at that price, you've got the most FX for your money. The amp warping (blending two models) is a great feature.
just bought gnx2 of ebay for 109 w/ship^^^^
its great and i have always had two feet so singles dont work for me. i use totally different effects right after another so its necessary.

gnx2 =great buy
comes with whammy too.