I have too much free time and was wondering if you could hook up a wah pedal or something like it to a microphone and get the same effect?
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
hmmm, interesting........
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

sure you can, you can do anything to anything. thats what i base my lonely nights on.

it might not come out sounding just like you hope, but it will come out as something new. go for it.
Would be hard for me, as I feel the urge to make wah wah faces along to my pedal when I use it.
yes you can, i have done it. it isn't very great, it jsut makes it sound like you are going wah wah wah, seriously. you get the same effect by holding a note and opening your mouth wide and then almost closing it. might be why it is called the Wah pedal i believe.
yes u can a friend of mine does. check out there music its really good www.myspace.com/redroadtravlers. He uses it for a few songs and I believe John Frusciante uses it on the song regret
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
i bet it would be cool to hook up a wah pedal to an acoustic electric..
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Wah pedals are named onomatopoeicitly. It isn't a word, but I'm trying to say they are named Wah because thats the sound they make, the idea came from horn players using their plunger mutes to create a similar sound.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Or you could try a Talkbox, mastering it to give it that wah sound is very easy.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by MESAexplorer
Wah pedals are named onomatopoeicitly. It isn't a word, but I'm trying to say they are named Wah because thats the sound they make, the idea came from horn players using their plunger mutes to create a similar sound.

....thanks for clearing that up for us..
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Yeah, you just need those converters that convert a guitar jack to a mic jack and vice versa

Layne Staley did that
The only time I've tried it ended up with just about no wah effect whatsoever, it was kinda wierd. Sort of like trying to run it through a fuzz, only... no fuzz, and vocals.