http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Y23QG1J
I did vocals, my friend did the guitar work.
You can tell where you just says something to screw with me.
This was a spur of the moment recording. His mic was out, and I was like, "Wanna let me record something?"

Crit for Crit of course. Yes, those are children in the background.
Quote by Bmm386
Your vocals are a bit flat, and they lack emotion. Sorry to be a bit harsh, but it is what it is. It just sounds like you're reciting the words.

That doesn't cut it with Death Cab for Cutie.

That's not very harsh at all. It's honest. =P And I'm going to be honest when I say this, I'm so freaking tired of that song. XD My friend just started recording, and played that, and I rolled with it. Thank you for the honest crit, though.
Hey Man

Now as it was a spur of the moment recording it's understandable, I say warm up next time, the guitar work was good. Sing it a bit higher, as they said it was a bit flat, and don't sing in that voice you were whining and you have to be soft and sweet for that song, sing in your head voice not your chest voice (if that makes sense to you, otherwise check it out).

Personally I didn't like it all that much, but with a bit of work I reckon you'd be able to do it.

Good luck
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
with all that said, it's not terrible, but decent for just winging it.

i'm sure it'd sound better if you weren't sick of the song ha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Auals
Hey Man

Now as it was a spur of the moment recording it's understandable, I say warm up next time, the guitar work was good. Sing it a bit higher, as they said it was a bit flat, and don't sing in that voice you were whining and you have to be soft and sweet for that song, sing in your head voice not your chest voice (if that makes sense to you, otherwise check it out).

Personally I didn't like it all that much, but with a bit of work I reckon you'd be able to do it.

Good luck

Haha, I dig. Yeah, this song isn't much my style either. Not to make excuses, that is, but I don't really listen to soft music, such as this song, too often. But I know what you're talking about when it comes to the head/chest voice thing. Thanks for the crit, and thanks for the advice. =D
Anything, i'll PM you when i've finished my next cover (some time tonight I think, a Yellowcard cover)
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I disagree with the people saying you were flat, you sound perfectly on-key to me. You obviously don't sing it the same way Gibbard does, which isn't a bad thing. For a spontaneous recording, I think it's quite good.

Crit mine? (Not a cover.)

EDIT: Changed link to the thread about it so you can post your opinions.
Not too much more I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm not a big Death Cab fan, but figured I would give this a listen. Not too bad for doing it on a whim. Definitely need to practice and it could sound 200% better. The lyrics did lack a lot of feeling, which is never good with any song. Just keep practicing ^^

Crit mine please ^_^: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642380
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.