Alrighty, Danny boy (bluesrocker101) has offered up this for our double digits:

Quote by bluesrocker101
Alrighty, another simple quiz by me. Fairly straightforward. Don't use wikipedia, I can certainly tell when someone has. If its extremely obvious, I might take a way a point. Enjoy.

1. If Danny were to play a sextuplet run at 100 bpm, at which tempo would it be 16th notes? WHOLE NOTES?!

2. What scale could be played over this entire progression?

3. We all know Joe Satriani is a genius when it comes to guitar and music (unless we’re Justin, who thinks Satch is a hack ). Mr Satriani sometimes talks about “Pitch Axis Theory.” Give the definition of the “Pitch Axis Theory.”

4. Explain the term “Diatonic”

5.Harmonize this line in diatonic 6ths.

6. Little Billy asked his terrible guitar teacher for help on modes. His terrible guitar teacher gave a brief definition, which barely made sense. Little Billy is confused as ****. Explain modes PROPERLY to little Billy. And, little Billy doesn’t have a UG account, so he can’t RTFS.

7. Write out the following chord formulas (with the notes also) and give a scale that could be used with it.

Emadd11
D7 #11
B6/9
Faddb13
C#m9
Asus

8. On the album “One Quiet Night” by Pat Metheny, what tuning does he use? Explain the tuning.

Send your answers to Bluesrocker101 via PM. He is gone until the 8th so expect answers to be out shortly after then.

Absolutely no discussion of answers in this thread.

Jazz on.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
We all know Joe Satriani is a genius when it comes to guitar and music (unless we’re Justin, who thinks Satch is a hack ).

I commend Justin.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
^Ditto.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
lmao, thats a good one. i don't think satch is a hack. far from it. but i'm more of a paul gilbert fan myself. also.... poor billy and the modal mysteries of the universe. pitch axis theory, easy to grasp hard to explain.
Pitch Axis theory is fo' chums foo'.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
I don't have that particular Metheny album, so I'm not really sure how to go about question 8 without using teh internets.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Id just put "N/A" or something like that.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.

I like how i say that hes a hack. I said that to danny a few times on msn just to piss him off I quite enjoy his music at certain times, and no doubt hes a talented man (especially for being 50) but ya, I like other stuff before him.

EDIT: Just realized Danny put a question in about diatonic shit. Thanks Danny
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Last edited by justin_fraser at Aug 8, 2007,
Its good to be back in town boys. *cues Thin Lizzy song* Yeah, I'll correct them tomorrow.

Quote by justin_fraser

I like how i say that hes a hack. I said that to danny a few times on msn just to piss him off I quite enjoy his music at certain times, and no doubt hes a talented man (especially for being 50) but ya, I like other stuff before him.

EDIT: Just realized Danny put a question in about diatonic shit. Thanks Danny

Hes 51, to be exact.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by justin_fraser
I quite enjoy his music at certain times, and no doubt hes a talented man (especially for being 50)

The fact that he's 51 matters even more for his talentlessness ****. He should know better at that age.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
The fact that he's 51 matters even more for his talentlessness ****. He should know better at that age.

Ahh your just jelous Satch is great! I still think its weird seeing your name in black :P
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by branny1982
any news on the quiz results?

Well, I only have two people that sent them in. And the people that sent them in are people I've never heard of.

Oh yeah, sorry if the questions were confusing or unfair (metheny one). So seeing how the metheny one isnt fair, I'm gonna give that as a freebie.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Last edited by bluesrocker101 at Aug 13, 2007,
Quote by Peanut1614
Ahh your just jelous Satch is great! I still think its weird seeing your name in black :P

Psh, it isnt black, its yellow. Black style > Classic style.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help