so now i am the proud owner of a brand new ibanez gsr200fm... case. i bought my new bass last week from musiciansfriend but it was backordered, the case came today, but the guitar wont come for another two weeks . so now i have an empty case and no bass haha that rhymes. anyway i just thought you guys would like to know that
why'd they even send the case
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
shouldnt they put the bass in the case?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
shouldnt they put the bass in the case?

yea they should just send the bass inside the case, it'd be safer for the bass.
yea they normally would, but the guitar was backordered, and the case wasnt
MF is having problems with a warehouse move... or at least that's the bull**** they give you when you call... Then they tell you they will put you on priority... You probably won't get it for another month... I've been waiting for my Krank Rev Jr. for about that long...

I think their name really Should be M uther F uckers!

Go look at the reviews on biz rate or something, we're not the only ones with this problem.
But wait.
Don't you think that most of the basses would come with there own cases?
And don't you think it would be stilly for a company to buy far more cases than basses?

And at the risk of a continuation of Rythming I just going to leave it at that.
Quote by Captain Insano
But wait.
Don't you think that most of the basses would come with there own cases?
And don't you think it would be stilly for a company to buy far more cases than basses?

And at the risk of a continuation of Rythming I just going to leave it at that.

did it ever cross your mind that people buy the bass without a case, because they already have a case *wink*
Quote by fretsonfire74
did it ever cross your mind that people buy the bass without a case, because they already have a case *wink*

So clearly, they must order more basses than cases, rather than more cases than basses. Of course, if they are short sighted and order the same amount of cases and basses, then there is a good chance you may just get a case with no bass, and that would truly not be ace.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Meh, I ordered my Sansamp the 3rd or July. I got an email about a week ago saying it could be up to another 30 days. =( Stupid backorders. The weird thing is that it never said it was bckordered on the site. Even after I got the notification that it was. It still doesn't. weird.
Is buying from the internet so much cheaper than from a store?? I mean at least it is fixed in the store: with adjusted necks etc.
Quote by the_hoople
Meh, I ordered my Sansamp the 3rd or July. I got an email about a week ago saying it could be up to another 30 days. =( Stupid backorders. The weird thing is that it never said it was bckordered on the site. Even after I got the notification that it was. It still doesn't. weird.

Read my post... Your being lied to.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
So clearly, they must order more basses than cases, rather than more cases than basses. Of course, if they are short sighted and order the same amount of cases and basses, then there is a good chance you may just get a case with no bass, and that would truly not be ace.

You're... my... HERO!

And TS, we really don't care. I don't mean to seem brash but it really doesn't matter to us one way or the other whether you get your bass. Sure we have sympathy but there is no need to create a thread and procure all of the sympathy of the forum for no good reason.
i bought mine from sam ash, no big deal came in 6 days. really great bass. but before i ordered that one i had an esp on back ordder for 3 months! i just couldnt wait any longer so i paid a little bit more and got the ibanez, best decision of my life. trust me its worth the wait. o and what color did you get yours in?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Empty case huh? Well, if it's big enough you could sleep in it
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip

That was brilliant!
This whole thread is a Dr. Seuss book gone wrong. =(

Anyway, I must say, that's a pretty dumb idea. Without a bass, a case is just a waste of space.

...Holy ****, I swear that wasn't intentional.
Stop complaining when I ordered my 5 string from music123 it was backorded and then when it was finally shipped it got lost in the mail I didn't get for 2 months, but yeah sorry to hear about the backorder, I've never had any problems from MF
I've never had the same problem like this in the UK.

Maybe it's because I have common sense and ring to check that they have it in stock before I order it.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9