Page 1 of 2
Who does UG think is the worst elected president?

In my opinion, I'd say Lincoln. What a douche-bag.... First, he invades a sovereign nation to secure the economic stability of the US under the guise of "liberation" and "national security" (sounds familiar doesn't it?), dragging the country into the bloodiest war in American history. During the war he imprisons thousands of protesters and reporters who dare oppose him and holds them in political prisons without due process of law, then censors all media and demands newspapers flaunt his party line. Once the war finally ends, he abolishes all notions of states rights and establishes the overtly over-powerful federal government we know today.
Is this supposed to be funny or shocking? You're a tit. Go wave your confederate flag and hit on your cousin.
1. Confederacy attacked first.
2. Lincoln didn't imprison any protesters.
3. No state's rights were violated, except for those states that seceded.

You're a twit, and have no idea what you are talking about.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I'd probably throw my vote to Lincoln as well. "What? You want to secede? Well I'm going to have you killed off my the millions because of how much I love you and America! Now bend over and like it."

Then President Clinton was pretty bad just because she wasn't actually elected, but kudos to her husband for using the First Man position to it's fullest extent (Blowjobs and money)

And then there's Bush...Ah Bush...I used to like you, but it seems that you have completely and irreparably lost your mind since being elected to your second term. I know your under a lot of stress by getting into a war and having no exit strategy and being a republican president during the complete downfall of the republican party, but come on dude, keep at least SOME sanity for the cameras!
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by NGD1313
Is this supposed to be funny or shocking? You're a tit. Go wave your confederate flag and hit on your cousin.

So because I hate Lincoln, I'm suddenly a racist, imbred redneck? nice. I suppose my dreadlocks, patchwork jeans, and pot-leaf embroidered t-shirt are all decoys, then? Don't insult me with your presumptions, dude.

Who's your least favorite president, NG?
Quote by NorseGodofRock
So because I hate Lincoln, I'm suddenly a racist, imbred redneck? nice. I suppose my dreadlocks, patchwork jeans, and pot-leaf embroidered t-shirt are all decoys, then? Don't insult me with your presumptions, dude.

No, your post summed that up for us. Not your opinion.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
1. Confederacy attacked first.
2. Lincoln didn't imprison any protesters.
3. No state's rights were violated, except for those states that seceded.

You're a twit, and have no idea what you are talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus#Suspension_during_the_Civil_War_and_Reconstruction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperheads_%28politics%29

His actions set a precedent for federal legislation deciding the policies of states. No states right were violated because henceforth they really had none.
Quote by NorseGodofRock

I lol at how you have to describe to us that youre a stereotypical jamaican pot head when you've probably never even been to jamaica. Posar!
You dont need pants for the victory dance!
Quote by Chapsta
I lol at how you have to describe to us that youre a stereotypical jamaican pot head when you've probably never even been to jamaica. Posar!

Dude, like 1 in 10 people in my town have dreadlocks, theres hippies abound. I'm no more connected to the Rastafarian movement then then Celts with their dreads were.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus#Suspension_during_the_Civil_War_and_Reconstruction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperheads_%28politics%29

His actions set a precedent for federal legislation deciding the policies of states. No states right were violated because henceforth they really had none.

The only thing I see there is Lincoln punishing for riots, not protesting. There's a huge difference.

Like I said, your opinion isn't what made you look like a redneck. The fact that you're an ignorant jackass is what did.

Besides, Bush has done worse in this war we're in now than any president besides Truman ever did.
Quote by MuffinMan
Don't worry Norse, sometimes people need to get punched right in the face with a fist full of truth. Actually, alot of our better known Presidents did things that are shocking if you were to really research them. Most history books seem to leave out those parts though. If I had to choose what I thought the best Pres. in US history would be, it would probably be somebody that hardly anyones heard about because in my opinion a presidents job is to keep the country running smoothly and let congress do its thing (which everyone seems to think isn't how it works these days). Everybody thinks that whoever we elect pres. makes all the laws and runs the entire country, which is kind of how it's beginning to be. The executive branch is supposed to *carry out* the laws congress makes, not fight them.
Quote by Black Star
Besides, Bush has done worse in this war we're in now than any president besides Truman ever did.

Really now?

On a completely different branch of the same topic..I'm beginning to truly believe there is a lot more to this war than anyone is letting on, top-secret style. But that's neither here nor there, it's a 3:30 AM epiphany that I need to voice because with lack of sleep also goes my ability to shut up and/or stay on topic.

Edit: And I love how people are just soaking up the Lincoln was a saint bullshit. Really, you make the world proud. "Oh but he freed the slaaavveeezzz" yet he owned slaves himself and ardently voiced his desire for an America with only white people. But wait, thoughts like that are Redneckish...not supporting Lincoln is Redneckish...I'm beginning to see a bit of a conundrum here fellas
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Last edited by UndeadPaperclip at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Really now?

On a completely different branch of the same topic..I'm beginning to truly believe there is a lot more to this war than anyone is letting on, top-secret style. But that's neither here nor there, it's a 3:30 AM epiphany that I need to voice because with lack of sleep also goes my ability to shut up and/or stay on topic.

Look at all my posts. I have posted numerous times all the war crimes Bush has committed since this war started.
Quote by MuffinMan
Bush. But pretty much any politician is a power-hungry rat. Minus a few of course..
Quote by Black Star
Look at all my posts. I have posted numerous times all the war crimes Bush has committed since this war started.

That's alright, I don't really feel like sorting through pages and pages of CNN injected anti-establishmentism, but thanks for the offer. Besides, I believe Bush has bit off way more than he can chew, there is much worse out there if he wants to "Help the world from evil" (Darfur anyone?), and I think he should have pulled out once we had Saddam hanging from a rope. That being said, I also don't think Bush is any worse than any other commander during war time, at least Bush isn't putting bullets in the heads of infants or locking up every Arab in America.
Kabir
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
That's alright, I don't really feel like sorting through pages and pages of CNN injected anti-establishmentism, but thanks for the offer. Besides, I believe Bush has bit off way more than he can chew, there is much worse out there if he wants to "Help the world from evil" (Darfur anyone?), and I think he should have pulled out once we had Saddam hanging from a rope. That being said, I also don't think Bush is any worse than any other commander during war time, at least Bush isn't putting bullets in the heads of infants or locking up every Arab in America.

Bush is sending suspected terrorists to torture chambers though, mainly because they "look Middle-Eastern".
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Black Star
Bush is sending suspected terrorists to torture chambers though, mainly because they "look Middle-Eastern".

Oh I'm sure that's a possibility, I wouldn't quite call it a fact, and it's also not something I'm supportive of. Even more than that I get quite pissed off when I hear about all the damn racism this war has created (especially in the beginning). Even if that is a stone hard fact, which it isn't, I still wouldn't classify Bush as the worst or most cruel president in United States history, not even close.
Kabir
I wish people (ahem, Dark Star) could respond without drawing petty insults and name calling into the argument.

Quote by Marsbe
Bush. But pretty much any politician is a power-hungry rat. Minus a few of course..

Truth. Who was that guy who died in office 30 days after taking it? He was pretty chill.
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I still wouldn't classify Bush as the worst or most cruel president in United States history, not even close.

Most incompetent, maybe?

Lets steer clear of our current presidents shortcomings, they have all been listed at great length many times. Besides, we didn't even elect him.
Quote by Black Star

I agree, that is completely against what we are trying to "spread" by fighting for "liberty". But if you think Bush is the worst for that then maybe you should try Franklin D Roosevelt. He actually rounded up japanese-americans and put them in camps for security reasons. Just because Bush is really bad doesn't mean he has done the worst things. You should really brush up on your history instead of repeating what MTV tells you to.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Most incompetent, maybe?

That might be a possibility. But only in his second term, he should have thrown in the towel after his first term when some people still liked him. I honestly think the man has gone the way of the nutters.

Edit: And now, in the true spirit of political debating, I am going to go masturbate.

Then, in the spirit of being an American, I'm going to sleep.
Kabir
Last edited by UndeadPaperclip at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by 6079 Smith W
I agree, that is completely against what we are trying to "spread" by fighting for "liberty". But if you think Bush is the worst for that then maybe you should try Franklin D Roosevelt. He actually rounded up japanese-americans and put them in camps for security reasons. Just because Bush is really bad doesn't mean he has done the worst things. You should really brush up on your history instead of repeating what MTV tells you to.

Oh my god I completely forgot about FDR.

Not to mention his, like, what, 4 terms? Wtf was that? That was so naughty we had to put a constitutional amendment to keep it from happening again!
Quote by NorseGodofRock

You're obviously racist if you hate Lincoln for the reasons you stated. The states seceded because they feared he would free the slaves, so by siding with the Confederacy, you're advocating slavery, and my least favorite president is Herbert Hoover.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
I wish people (ahem, Dark Star) could respond without drawing petty insults and name calling into the argument.

Good thing there's no Dark Star in here.

Anyways, I was just answering your question. Don't like my answer, tough luck.

But I don't agree with NGD either. Confederacy wasn't all about slavery.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by NGD1313
You're obviously racist if you hate Lincoln for the reasons you stated. The states seceded because they feared he would free the slaves, so by siding with the Confederacy, you're advocating slavery, and my least favorite president is Herbert Hoover.

You should brush up on your history too. In fact I don't even think Lincoln was for freeing the slaves at all until about half way through the war.

Edit: Here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_civil_war
check under Clarification of Causes
Last edited by 6079 Smith W at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by NGD1313

Jee, so if I oppose the Iraq War, I must be for gassing Kurds, right?

The states seceded because they feared he would free the slaves, yes. Ive never denied that. What I am for, though, is a states right to choose its own policy regarding domestic affairs. I hate slavery, but invading a sovereign nation is not how you end it.

Regardless, Lincoln was far more interested in preserving the union then freeing the slaves.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
You should brush up on your history too. In fact I don't even think Lincoln was for freeing the slaves at all until about half way through the war.

Correct. In fact, it was more like 3/4 through the war. He was pressured into it.

Anybody who thinks the Civil War was about slaves needs a bullet to the head.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by 6079 Smith W

You should brush up on your reading. They feared he would interfere with slavery. I never said he did before they broke away.

Quote by NorseGodofRock
Jee, so if I oppose the Iraq War, I must be for gassing Kurds, right?

The states seceded because they feared he would free the slaves, yes. Ive never denied that. What I am for, though, is a states right to choose its own policy regarding domestic affairs. I hate slavery, but invading a sovereign nation is not how you end it.

Regardless, Lincoln was far more interested in preserving the union then freeing the slaves.

This is a much different situation I'm afraid. When it's your country that's inhumane, you attempt to preserve it while fixing the problem. The U.S. government had claim to the land, the southern states were committing theft. They weren't a sovereign nation. Also, while you may be for state's rights rather than a large federal government, certainly a president's inadequacy would be a better reason to declare them the worst ever rather than them having views that conflict with yours, and if you're that passionate about it, I'd say LBJ was the worst president when it came to inflating the federal government's power.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by Black Star
Good thing there's no Dark Star in here.

Anyways, I was just answering your question. Don't like my answer, tough luck.

But I don't agree with NGD either. Confederacy wasn't all about slavery.

Dark, black, its all the same. Was listening to that Dead song when I typed that, musta influenced me. Did you call me a redneck or was that ng?
That was NG, but I somewhat supported him. Your first post did make you come off as an ignorant hick.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by NGD1313
You should brush up on your reading. They feared he would interfere with slavery. I never said he did before they broke away.

This is a much different situation I'm afraid. When it's your country that's inhumane, you attempt to preserve it while fixing the problem. The U.S. government had claim to the land, the southern states were committing theft. They weren't a sovereign nation. Also, while you may be for state's rights rather than a large federal government, certainly a president's inadequacy would be a better reason to declare them the worst ever rather than them having views that conflict with yours, and if you're that passionate about it, I'd say LBJ was the worst president when it came to inflating the federal government's power.

What was the American Revolution then, theft as well? Different goals, but the reason was the same: big bad government stepping on toes. I imagine if we had blundered that little conflict our history books would be written much differently. As they say, history is written by the victors...

(EDIT: Oh right, we did lol. NM I'm stupid.)
Last edited by NorseGodofRock at Aug 1, 2007,
Page 1 of 2