OK so i want to get a decently priced Valve Amp but i don't really know all the ins and outs of what i need and what i don't need.

I'm more of a bedroom guitarist at the moment and i have read lots of comments about how its silly to get a half stack unless your trying to play against bass or drums. So anyway i have been reading about the Peavey Valve King and the Orange Tiny Terror and wondered if either would be a good amp for me to get.

I know the Tiny Terror with the PPC112 Cab is £200 more expensive than the Valve King but i kinda like descriptions of how it sounds. But would I be able to really use it if i am playing in my bedroom? I like to play fairly crunchy rock e.g. currently enjoying "Love is the Law" by The Seahorses.

So in short; if i want to get a resonably cheap but decent Valve Amp should i get;

1) Peavey Valve King 112 Combo
2) Orange Tiny Terror & PPC112 Cab
3) Something else

Suggestions and comments will be well appreciated
Quote by philjay
*Picks up TT like handbag and smacks you over the head like an angry granny *
Try that with your rocker 30

Latest Songs & Poems

[thread="1404112"] Blaze (Music)[/thread]
[thread="1207211"] Evening Sunshine (Music)[/thread]
[thread="899566"] To Wonder (Music)[/thread]
[thread="960046"]Dreams[/thread]
I would probably say the Tiny Terror would be good. If you can try to test them both out. But I still vote Orange.
Guitars / Bass
60th anniversary strat
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic
Mitchell Electric-Acoustic
60th anniversary p-bass

Amps
TSL60 w/ 1960a
Frontman 25R II
Behringer BXL450A
Yeah i like the Orange too.

But what about if i am not playing at gig sound levels - would the orange Tiny Terror be a waste of money?
Quote by philjay
*Picks up TT like handbag and smacks you over the head like an angry granny *
Try that with your rocker 30

Latest Songs & Poems

[thread="1404112"] Blaze (Music)[/thread]
[thread="1207211"] Evening Sunshine (Music)[/thread]
[thread="899566"] To Wonder (Music)[/thread]
[thread="960046"]Dreams[/thread]
The Tiny terror for sure. It wouldn't keep very clean at gig volumes wheras the Valveking would, but it sounds infintely better. The Valveking is like the Marshall AVT of valve amps. Not bad but not good either, it's kinda lifeless. The Orange however sounds amazing. It's an awesome crunchy rock tone. Perfect for what you want and well worth the extra cash.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Qazo
Yeah i like the Orange too.

But what about if i am not playing at gig sound levels - would the orange Tiny Terror be a waste of money?

No. The only problem with the TT is that it might not be loud enough for gigs in the future. It switches from 7-15W, so it's about as good as you're gonna get in the bedroom. At 15W, it's suitable for jams and small gigs, but would definitely have to be mic'ed from there.

But, yeah, it's just so much nicer than the Valveking. No comparison on the tone.

For less money, good tone, and a little more clean headroom at gigging volumes, you could look into Laney amps like the VC or LC 30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.