And i am just wondering whats the best way to getting it published, the book it self is fiction but i do take a lot of events for the book what happened to myself or people around me. I had the concept of writing a book since god knows when. I am not sure if i should send the ideas to publishers so they might become interested in it or should i finish it. Also what are some of the good publishers i should consider in addition me being 17 years old...(I am not sure if that can be a problem) Also any other info I should know/tips/advise
Thanks a lot =)
Send the first few chapters to some publishers?
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by JamMan*
Send the first few chapters to some publishers?

and good luck
Buy The Writer's Market.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
what's the writers market? and i need more advice like what publishers should i try contacting...and i still need advice about the process
I tried that one time.
Wrote 2 chapters, hade people read it, and then tell me it sucked.
Threw it away.
...And the worms ate into his brain.
get an agent. From what ive heard though, alot of agents wont take you serious without a completed manuscript, and alot of publishers wont take you serious without an agent.
Participate in a lot of literary contests. You will get your book published, and a lot of cash if you win.

It's what my uncle does.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by RussianR3b3l
in addition me being 17 years old...(I am not sure if that can be a problem)

Don't worry, that retarded 16 year old got that piece of **** Eragon published, you can do it too
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
Quote by RussianR3b3l
what's the writers market? and i need more advice like what publishers should i try contacting...and i still need advice about the process

Are you planning on making this a career or a one time thing?
I've been working on this sci-fi epic; I only really have the storyboard down, nothing readable yet.

I like my plot idea a lot.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Good luck with that then. I've been thinking of starting writing. I'd love to write a bit psychedelic / freaky short stories. I've written some poetry but thats a whole different thing.
no i am not planning on making it my career but I would like to get my name out there but I will do it mostly for fun, but extra cash is always good, right =))
Quote by RussianR3b3l
no i am not planning on making it my career but I would like to get my name out there but I will do it mostly for fun, but extra cash is always good, right =))

Especially if you can earn it doing somethign you enjoy(and since prostitution is illegal...)
Quote by RussianR3b3l
And i am just wondering whats the best way to getting it published, the book it self is fiction but i do take a lot of events for the book what happened to myself or people around me. I had the concept of writing a book since god knows when. I am not sure if i should send the ideas to publishers so they might become interested in it or should i finish it. Also what are some of the good publishers i should consider in addition me being 17 years old...(I am not sure if that can be a problem) Also any other info I should know/tips/advise
Thanks a lot =)

PM me some of it.

I'd like to read it.