Hey guys im from AUS, and my aunty is gonna be in england is there any Instruments i should considering her to get *its my b'day today*. I heard Laney amps are real cheap there and maybe she can ship it to Australia. I dunno yeah if theres anything else please recommend cause she ain't gonna be staying for long.
Well laney amps arent really the best amps in the world, I'd probs recommened getting a Marshall as their cheaper here than in other places aswell, but there also more expensive than laneys so it all depends on how much your Aunt wants to spend.
Is it just amps your looking for or other things?
A Washburn X50 Pro from GAK...for some bizarre reason they're a lot cheaper than in the states even.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

Guitarwise that's arguably the best deal in the country at the moment.

Well laney amps arent really the best amps in the world, I'd probs recommened getting a Marshall as their cheaper here than in other places aswell, but there also more expensive than laneys so it all depends on how much your Aunt wants to spend.

That's a bit of a noob comment...Laney VC15 vs Marshall MG100 isn't even a contest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 1, 2007,
i love laneys, and how (relatively) cheap they are, but shipping about 50 or 60 lbs worth of amplifier to australia would cost a hell of a lot! and thats if you were to go for a combo! just somethin worth thinkin about.....
Agreed Laney Amps are about the only things that go cheep here.

Apart from Custom Shops are any mainstream guitars actually made in the UK?
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by FargoDog

Pfft. Lies. Laneys are a killer deal, only marshall near the price range (Par Ebay) would be the DSL401, and you can bet your ass i'd take a laney over one of those. You're paying £100 for the name on the grill and the rest is a pretty mediocre amp. Laneys aren't the cure for cancer or anything by any means, but theyre a much better deal than marshalls.
TS depends how much you're willing to spend.
You could look into Orange Amps for some sweet British tone. I don't own one yet but i will in September!!! Can't wait.

I believe Orange Amps are cheaper in the UK ... don't flame me if i'm wrong.
Quote by philjay
*Picks up TT like handbag and smacks you over the head like an angry granny *
Try that with your rocker 30

Latest Songs & Poems

[thread="1404112"] Blaze (Music)[/thread]
[thread="1207211"] Evening Sunshine (Music)[/thread]
[thread="899566"] To Wonder (Music)[/thread]
[thread="960046"]Dreams[/thread]
Just found this on their website:

Where are the amps manufactured?

Orange tube amplifiers and cabinets are built in Essex, England. USA distributed Orange cabinets are built in California, USA. Crush Series Orange amplifiers are built in Korea.

So yes something like a Rocker 30 or a Tiny Terror probably would be cheaper because they are made here. Doesn't help that they are uber expensive to begin with.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
How about the Laney VC30 112 in england but i heard its expensive to ship to aus hmm i dunno how about fx pedals which fx pedals are cheap there? how many pounds would it cost to ship from uk to aus like 90pounds?
Last edited by Oc3lot at Aug 2, 2007,
Whats the voltage in Australia? Amps need correct voltage to run otherwise you'd need a transformer which would be a pain.

btw, nothing is cheap here. Even Marshalls. The US guys think we do but we don't, it's just that they can buy other stuff much cheaper. I'm not sure about the situation in Australia but I'd say it'd be better if you imported from the states or Japan rather than the UK>
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Matamp! They're amazing little amps if you can track them down (little as in 2 or 4 watts.) They're the best sounding thing, ever! Miles better than Orange or Laney! And they're fairly cheap, too- 250GBP for the 2 watter.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Sharly
Agreed Laney Amps are about the only things that go cheep here.

Apart from Custom Shops are any mainstream guitars actually made in the UK?

gordon smith.

problem is, postage to australia would be the killer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?