I'm going to see a guy this week who wants to sell me the 100W twin channel version of the JCM 900 and a 1960 quad. The amp is a 4100, about 1993 I think and is being sold with a 1960 cab. What sort of things go wrong that I should I be wary of with this particular model, and how do I go about checking one out in a hurry?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Go to his house and play on it as long as you want to make sure you're going to be 100% satisfied. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Open the back of the 1960a and look at the cones, check for any tears or holes. Look at the tubes to make sure they're in good shape.
Just play through it, fiddle with the knobs and switches etc. Have a look in the back to check for lizards etc.

Why do you have the blues scale in your sig? O_o
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix

Why do you have the blues scale in your sig? O_o

Same reason Chase312 (see above) has "Chug Chug Chug Squeal" as his location.

I'm pleased that no one has yet chimed in with "ooh you wanna be careful with that model, the single channel was ok, but the twin reverb may spontaneously combust at any moment"
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

I was actually looking for this Amp for my brother who tried it and bought it. The amp and quad were both in great condition and sound great. Trouble is it was delivered this afternoon and this is actually taken in my front hallway. I need to move some furniture to get it into the studio.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

For that particular model, look for good condition and originality. For that year, look for the blue LCR capacitors (2 large blue cans), Dagnall Transformers ("DE" logo). EL34's help.