Can it stay in tune well, even after heavy use? Or is it just some second rate crap bridge?
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
From what I know it's total **** and your better off wrapping your strings around a pencil and wobbling about a bit when you want a trem.Never played it, but apparently it just falls apart.
NO!

They're the worst of the worst tremelo's!

Try to find a low-edge or edge-pro or ... Zero Point Resistance... but avoid those edge III's!
and the RG350 (?)
Thanks for the replies, you guys just saved me from wasting 450 bucks =)
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
i have one on my rg and it is the best floyd rose type trem ive ever played on.
granted, i havent played many high end guitars with floyd roses, but they **** all over licensed floyds in my opinion.
^ that doesn't make sense.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ that doesn't make sense.

how so?

you know when dave says something like that, your about to be pwned all over the place
^ well, the edge III probably isn't technically licensed (though its immediate predecessors, the edge pro II and lo-trs were), but there are well known good licensed ones (gotoh, schaller etc.) which absolutely own the edge III.

yeah, alright, technically the gotoh one isn't "licensed" any more either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 1, 2007,
i seee
i was meaning that none of them were as good the originals as opposed to the cheapo ones used on vintages and epiphones.
i havent got that much experiance with floyds so this is all probably being very misunderstood.
^ yeah, i mean, we joke that the edge III is made of tinfoil. The vintage ones actually are made of tinfoil, lol. One of the managers of a local shop was showing me how well one of them held tuning (he was fitting a pickup for a customer), and after like one dive or raise of the trem, all the strings were noticeably flat or sharp. Horrible.

So, er, yeah. The edge III is probably better than those vintage ones, but i wouldn't really say it's "good".
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the Edge III has strangely sized studs, so an OFR isn't a direct swap. I don't think the original Edge is a direct swap, either. The thing about Edge IIIs is that they're made of crap metal. If you do get one that works, the knife edges will wear down eventually, and you've got yourself a bucket of slop. my hardtail (until I get a prestige )
^ i'm not sure about the edge III, but my lo-trs has strangely-sized studs, as you put it. It's rarely as easy a swap as you think, basically, and when you consider that it's often as cheap to just buy the nicer guitar which already has the good trem...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?