Page 1 of 2
Anyone ever seen this show? It's the English dub of a show based off of a manga graphic novel, apparently the english version is pretty recent and I'm not sure how widespread it is as far as airings.

Anyway, it's about a band, and it's just the perfect show for UG; the details on the guitars (especially in closeups, which are frequent) are just awesome. Only problem is, there's a lot of blank pauses and silences between bits of dialogue, and it overall has this really wierd, choppy pacing, I dont know if that's intentional or if something's been lost in translation.

Anyway, if you can find it on your TV, check it out, mmk?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Last edited by Eighteen4Ever at Aug 1, 2007,
that show was great, but I´ve only seen parts on youtube.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I've seen it, i found it awfully boring and choppy
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Beck is awesome, just finished watching 2 straight shows hehe
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
I've seen the show and it's really weird..
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Renka
Linksies.

You can check it out for yourselves at that location.

you=my hero
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

I love BECK! I watch it whenever I can catch it, usually on tuesday nights at midnight and 12:30.
People, people! I put my pants on one leg at the time, just like you guys!

Only after I've gotten them on I play awesome metal and deliver cool links to the people!

Enjoy the show boys, enjoy the show.
Quote by Holy Katana
Gibson's running a contest where you can win a Les Paul inspired by the show.

http://www.gibson.com/funimationcontest.aspx

No bulletholes?
Quote by bassmanjoe08

i watched all the japanese versions, it was awesome, i didnt think it was to choppy mabe something was lost in translation? but i recently seen dvd english collection at the mall and was like "sweet english version" even though it was japanese version there was alot of english in it cause the band wanted to make it to america if i remember right
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
No bulletholes?

There probably will be bulletholes in the actual guitar. Otherwise, it would be kinda dumb.
Quote by Renka
People, people! I put my pants on one leg at the time, just like you guys!

Only after I've gotten them on I play awesome metal and deliver cool links to the people!

Enjoy the show boys, enjoy the show.

I'm really considering sigging that...
I don't think it will fit...

And that's what she said!

Seriously though, the server is pretty slow, so it may take a while to load, but the quality is pretty spiffy if you ask me.
Sigged! And now I'm off to watch episodes 17-20something!

EDIT: They don't work! Ahhhh, noooo. *cries, curled up in the fetal position*
Last edited by 1The_Trooper1 at Aug 1, 2007,
Eghh, the episodes dont seem to work. Either that or they take like an hour to load.
Quote by bassmanjoe08

I love that show, i have the entire series, the manga (up to volume 25) and the sountrack all on my computer. All took a longass time to download. and all were worth it.

Long live MCS.

EDIT - btw, the English version sucks! they totally butchered "Brainstorm" and a bunch of other stuff. yeah... Original Japanese FTW.
Last edited by Mack56 at Aug 1, 2007,
They work for me!

They do take a pretty long time to load though, be patient.
I love Beck, especially the wierd cycle policeman who keeps chasing the lead and Mr Saitou.

At first I kept thinking that Beck: the singer would show up at some point (before they named the band that and i felt like a fool )

Anyone also see the Fender H1 tele they sold for the show?
Quote by Draken
Beck is good, i have two soundtracks.

What, like, the English and the Japanese?
If that's the case then let me be the first to say;

DO WANT
Quote by bassmanjoe08

Ryusuke is a douche.

I tried to get into both the manga and the show, but for some reason they both make me really mad.

Especially when they mention that band "Dying Breed". OMGZ DYING BREED IS LEGENDARY!!! YOU HAVE A PICK FROM THEM? OMG! OMG YOU HAVE THEIR CD FROM WHEN THEY WERE INDIE!? I WANT TO BANG YOU!

I like the idea, but the characters (especially the main one) are annoying.

EDIT: I'm not saying its bad, its pretty well made, I just don't like it for some reason.
I downloaded the japanese (subbed) torrent, and shortly after the entire soundtrack (and it's several varieties). Beck >>> You
I love it! I only decided to read and watch it because I found out it was about a band and it had kickass guitars. I like the tributes to all the people like Hendrix, Lennon, Mercury...very cool

I only seen the Jap ver tho.

Their english...hehe hurts me ear a bit..
Quote by femme fatale
I love it! I only decided to read and watch it because I found out it was about a band and it had kickass guitars. I like the tributes to all the people like Hendrix, Lennon, Mercury...very cool

I only seen the Jap ver tho.

Their english...hehe hurts me ear a bit..

Why does everyone always dis on american voice actors?

I'll never understand that.
Quote by SharpSpoon
EDIT: I'm not saying its bad, its pretty well made, I just don't like it for some reason.

No, it's pretty bad. I couldn't help but thinking the whole way through "damn, this must suck for anyone that isn't into guitars". The English was god-aweful (Japanese version) for one thing... there was other stuff, but it wasn't really that great. >_<

SharpSpoon, they were Japanese people attempting English. And they sucked like nobodies business.
Last edited by chitowncowboy at Aug 1, 2007,
Quote by chitowncowboy
No, it's pretty bad. I couldn't help but thinking the whole way through "damn, this must suck for anyone that isn't into guitars". The English was god-aweful (Japanese version) for one thing... there was other stuff, but it wasn't really that great. >_<

See, that's one one thing probably that keeps me away from the Jap version; the songs are all sung in this earsplittingly nasal slurred engrish. The songs are sweet in the English version though, but I hate when it does a close up on Chiba, cause his mouth doesn't move in sync with the words.
Quote by bassmanjoe08

Yeah, I've watched the show in Japanese =.= I had to read the subtitles. Either way, it was pretty good. The manga goes further apparently than the anime cause I think the anime had 1 season only.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by SharpSpoon
Why does everyone always dis on american voice actors?

I'll never understand that.

I meant the japanese voice actors...They speak english on the show sometimes..
its a good show but the main character needs to man up a little. I like how they put emphasis on the guitars and the shows though.
T'is indeed a good show
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
What, like, the English and the Japanese?
If that's the case then let me be the first to say;

DO WANT

one is the japanese version which is all part english anyway, the second is remixes/covers of songs done by other bands.

i've only seen the japanese version because the song lyrics fit so much better.
i remember seein a commercial of it on my local japanese channel about it releasing season 1 on dvd i think..
it looked like a good show though, then after seein that coincidentally i see this thread pop up..
im gonna go start watchin it right now!
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by Mack56
I love that show, i have the entire series, the manga (up to volume 25) and the sountrack all on my computer. All took a longass time to download. and all were worth it.

Long live MCS.

EDIT - btw, the English version sucks! they totally butchered "Brainstorm" and a bunch of other stuff. yeah... Original Japanese FTW.

w00t for the manga eh mack?

thanks again for telling me about that torrent
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Quote by SharpSpoon
Especially when they mention that band "Dying Breed"

I learnt how to play 'My World Down' (not that it was difficult), that song kicks ass. I love the vocals.
Page 1 of 2