Page 1 of 2
Alright I don´t know if this has been done before so here it is.

I started reading it yesterday, and I don´t really get it. Probably because I was tired as hell, but anyways what you think of it? and if someone could give me a little backround on the book. So discuss.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
the first chapter is boring for a reason
Quote by IbanezSA160

You are always in my thoughts,
Your eyes are perfect, your body is tight.
Put on this strap on i just bought
And ride my anus into the night.

Quote by Kneusje

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/Kneusje_Drumman/SPARTAAA.jpg[/IMG]
bob ewell is a dick
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Harper Lee is the author...
Quote by LPDave

Quote by Toastbot

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
so were there like 200 to kill a mockingbird threads scattered everywhere that necessitated this ONLY thread???
lol I like how we need an ONLY To Kill a Mockingbird thread as if there is a constant slew of needless TKaM threads.

"Lulz, I put IcY hAwT on ma To Kill a Mokcingbird boOK!1!!"
"MY klaSsic LiTeratturre is 12" thciK! LULZ!1!1"
Quote by nightraven
I did an English paper on the book.

Same, I got a B for it aswell
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by MadClownDisease
lol I like how we need an ONLY To Kill a Mockingbird thread as if there is a constant slew of needless TKaM threads.

"Lulz, I put IcY hAwT on ma To Kill a Mokcingbird boOK!1!!"
"MY klaSsic LiTeratturre is 12" thciK! LULZ!1!1"

Well I always wanted to put "ONLY" in one of my threads

Edit: Also, I need to finish it in a month for school
Quote by LPDave

Quote by Toastbot

Quote by The Leader
Last time we had a thread on this book it ended up being huge. One of the greatest books ever written.

Harper Lee is a complete hermit though. She never comes out her house. Clearly the fame has gone to her head.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
It takes place in a small town in Alabama in the 1930s. Basically, a black guy gets charged with rape, and Atticus Finch, the father of Scout and Jem, the main characters, has to be his defense attorney.

That's only a very condensed plot, though. I left out a lot.
Quote by Derigiberble
Last time we had a thread on this book it ended up being huge. One of the greatest books ever written.

Harper Lee is a complete hermit though. She never comes out her house. Clearly the fame has gone to her head.

She turning into a god damn Boo Radley
Quote by nightraven
I think I did too, there was a B or a C on the two papers, I can't remember which was on which.

SERIOUSLY?! You both got an average grade on a widely read book that if studied must have been on the national syllabus that lots of people will have be educated by?!?!

EDIT: in fact a lot of my friends did it this year too! I wonder if by freak chance any got Bs! THAT would be beyond coincidence.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Aug 1, 2007,
^I´ve only read the first chapter though, but that was helpful. thanks

redh0tchilip3pp were you being arcastic?
Quote by LPDave

Quote by Toastbot

Quote by The Leader
Its the first book that got me thinking i was some kind of faux intellectual. I loved it and everyone else had to use spark notes and **** and i read it within the first week.
basically what happens is atticus finch, who is a well respected lawyer, help defend tom robinson (a black dude) who is accused of rapeing a white girl, and everyone hates him cause he is helping a black, and in the end, tom robinson get sent to jail and then tries to run away and then gets lit up with bullets and dies a painful and brutal death.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
No, why?

nvm just asking.
Quote by LPDave

Quote by Toastbot

Quote by The Leader
Amaaazing book. I had to read it for my GCSEs, and I adore it.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
It was a pretty good book. We read it and had to do a paper on it, and we even watched the movie(which was quite boring because of how old it was).
Be cool.
Btw Harper Lee is a she
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by shut_up_n00b

i have a fourteen page reading list of renaissance literature to get through in time for october. plus some classical stuff to read in the latin.

you can finish to kill a mockingbird in one sitting. comfortably.

suck it up.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by thedude051
It was a pretty good book. We read it and had to do a paper on it, and we even watched the movie(which was quite boring because of how old it was).

Tut tut, five points deducted from you. All old films are boring?
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
dont' forget that one guy, their neightbor, BOO RADLEY!!!! good ol' robert duvall, looks nuthin like him lol
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by shut_up_n00b

Hey do you go to an Alabama school?
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
one of the best books i've ever read in school.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Basically Scout is a ham and Bob Ewell tries to eat her when Boo Radley comes and sucks his soul away. I believe there was a retarded dog in there as well and a black guy that, um, well this basically sums it up

I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Quote by JewMasatFlex
SPOILER: scout is a girl

No seriously.

But really, it's a great book; the school teachers tear the shit out of it, but it's good.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
TS is gonna get a warning
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
TS is gonna get a warning

no he's not.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by JewMasatFlex
SPOILER: scout is a girl

SPOILER: Atticus Finch kills Dumbledore.

Seriously, I thought it was a very good book. When I read it, I didn't have to force myself to read it like I did with other books set around that time period. My only problem with it, as was previously stated, is that it never actually told me how to kill a mockingbird, though I assume a gun will suffice.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
no he's not.

I thought there was a rule against making random ONLY threads. Oh well, my fault.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Page 1 of 2