Hey guys, i was thinking of purchasing recording software just to record a few songs and what not, and i was wondering if anyone had experience with both of these items and could say which is better for recording, thanks.
i have both.

tone port is great for vocals and other things. Its made for recording basically

the podxt is good for recording but i use mine more for silent playing and screwing around with
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by death576
Hey guys, i was thinking of purchasing recording software just to record a few songs and what not, and i was wondering if anyone had experience with both of these items and could say which is better for recording, thanks.

Well according to GC, the toneport is great for recording, especially now that they have added a TON to the software and now it has the option to download "tones", basically rig setups that emulate the sound of songs/guitarists. The Podxt they told me is also good for recording but is made for live modeling hence it is programable where as the toneport is not.
the pod xt live has drivers and software that can make it work like a new audio card on your computer. it's f'n tight. i use garageband and audacity for most of my recording via usb, it works great.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
well if they are both useful i suppose it will just come down to which is less expensive .
It depends what you want to record.

If you want to record vocals and acoustics, the toneport is probably the better choice.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would say the toneport is for vocals and acoustics. I think the toneport is totally versatile. And i think its safe to say its made to shine really with an electric given all of the options that are available.