well me and my band are starting to get a bit more serious about playing and weve been talking about gigging. that being said, any ideas for a light show. i was thinking about getting an old overhead projector and doing a psychedelic screen, but im at a loss for where to get some of the stuff. suggestions?
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
ebay.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
fair enough. i had thought about that, but didnt really know what i would need to search for
jackson dinky build!

Light show things are not as expensive as you might think, but for a really cool show you need a lot of it. You could do some basic colored lights for $100 or so. Check out Guitar Center or Musicians Friend.
Just buy some of those extreme work lights that you see on the side of highways during nighttime mantainence. It's ridiculous how bright those will be in a night club.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by Dutch_Apples
Just buy some of those extreme work lights that you see on the side of highways during nighttime mantainence. It's ridiculous how bright those will be in a night club.

i think i saw those once at a joe stump concert...
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by Dutch_Apples

haha, well that seems like it would blind instead of build atmosphere.
also i was just looking at a lighting control board a minute ago, but would that really be necessary for starting off?
jackson dinky build!

I'm lucky, my drummer's dad owns a sound and light store. And they're basement has enough lights for a Kiss show.

But to stay on topic, try ebay.
Just buy 4 lighted Par cans to start with. It will create ambience and you can add to them later with a DMX mixer. Check out the company American DJ for some reasonable priced items.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
sounds as good an idea as any
thanks
jackson dinky build!

im not sur about strobe lights though. theyre nifty ana all, but i think they might seem a bit too ecstasy-fueled-rave-ish.
jackson dinky build!